Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bachelor groups....this late? >

Bachelor groups....this late?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bachelor groups....this late?

Old 11-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Bachelor groups....this late?

I'm just kidding (kinda). Brknarrow (Frank) and I hunted here this morning....and we had 3 does come in around 8:20. After they left....about thirty minutes later I heard movement behind me. I looked down to see a BB coming into my set. He's followed by another.....then another....then another....and another! Five BB's and the trailer was a MAGNUM doe!

At one point I had all 5 BB's in a line.....all inside 15 yds. Pretty neat sit. We also both think we saw a Coyote. If it was a fox....there's something in the water that the deer certainly aren't drinking. It was probably 40#'s.

Frank saw 8....I saw 9.....and we'll be back out there in a little while. Seeing all of those BB's made my morning. Pretty neat to see them all together.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bachelor groups....this late?

5 BB's in a row could be a good sign for you in a few years! Must have been cool to see all of them moving together.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Site Buck Guru

Hmmmmm, I wonder where their mothers are. Sounds like the babysitter has her hands full.
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like terrific morning! Time sure passes fast when you're seeing deer!
Spike

I was actually just going to post the exact same question! I saw an 8pt last night and was calling to him. He didn't seem to careand I was concentrating on him and I failed to notice the other 3 bucks that obviously had me pegged. As soon as I rattled (more movement), they bolted.[:@]

None of them were particularly big but it was nice to finally see some horns.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I really thought it was neat. I had my camera in my LW saddlebag......or I'd have photos to post (I hunted out of the summit this morning....because I knew I was going to sit in a large tree). I was sitting in the same tree Matt/PA killed hi sdoe out of earlier this year.

Matt....if you read this....the first BB ran when he got to the end of the fenceline....just like the doe and fawns you saw. Probably the BB fawn you orphaned! Lots of disparity in the size of them.....but it's a good sign I hope for the future.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bet that magnum doe had quintuplets.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Dominant Buck

She was worth the price of admission to see, Bob. She looked like a racehorse. She was a stunning doe. I see a LOT of does in this woodlot....and I killed the biggest one I've ever killed in there Wednesday.

She was impressive.

I, too, wondered how many of them were hers'. No way to tell....but she robably won't run 'em all off.

Absolutely a great hunt.....and no deer down.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps a little too much time in the woods...your description has me worried for the doe!

J/K, 4 BBs is certainly something to see!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

I like your posts GMAT, very descriptive and I like it that you appreciate the peripheral stuff. That's half of the fun, appreciating nature.

Quick Reply: Bachelor groups....this late?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.