Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keystone buck down! >

Keystone buck down!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keystone buck down!

Old 11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Keystone buck down!

November 6th, found me sitting in a familiar lock on locally after arriving back home the night before from camp. The action down south at camp was pretty slow. I was seeing a lot of other hunters and some bucks but nothing impressive so I decided to come home for a couple days to check the action up here. This morning I saw a couple young bucks cruising and then a text with a buddy yielded a change of scenery for the afternoon. We decided to go check out a spot in PA we have hunted in the past.

Around 4pm I saw a good PA buck coming my direction. He stopped and hit 3 scrapes on his way as he closed the distance. As he was thrashing the licking branch on the last scrape (the one closest to me) I tipped the can call over twice. He stopped and scanned the timber looking for his doe with no visual confirmation he went back to tending his scrape for a moment. He then walked parallel to me for 10 yards again scanning the timber from the new vantage point. He turned around went back to the scrape and thrashed the licking branch again then turned and came right in on me. A 15 yard shot yielded a 50 yard blood trail with him going down in sight.

Not bad for a PA buck. His neck is pretty big, maybe the biggest neck on a buck I have ever shot. Score will come later, he is at the butchers shop now. He won't score all that much though, I figure he will go mid to upper 120's. Plenty for an out of state buck with such a great body. He does have 2 broken tines on his right side, probably about 3 inches of damage. Now it's time to get back out there after my Ohio buck [8D]

Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Keystone buck down!

thats a dandy buckey!! congrats!! love the mass! what county were you in?? between myself and everyone i talk to, everything is pretty slow going...
Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Spike

Congrats great buck
Old 11-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like I just said over "there",
Congrats!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Scott!!!! That looks like a dandy PA buck, but I thought they all had something wrong with half of their racks or is that just around Rob's place???
Old 11-06-2008, 09:20 PM

Way to go bucky. Very nice PA deer.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on a great buck! I hope to one that nice this week.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Site Bouncer

Fantastic Buckeye!!!!!!

Great looking buck, way to go bud!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

for PA thats a monster!!! Congrats dude.

Ryan.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:44 PM

nice pa buck scott!

Quick Reply: Keystone buck down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.