Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well Guys I'm Crushed!! >

Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Tim ... I am truly sorry this happened to you ...... there HAS to be a way to make peace with this ........guy ....
Tony, Is that peace or pieces you want to make?
I would have tried to make peace with the landowner of the land right next to my hunting spot ....

see the similarities of the ethics thread I started earlier ....
Old 11-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok man, heres what we gonna do.

You PM a few of your HNI buddies, as many as you can think of. Give them this guys name and number. We/They make a couple of friendly *67 phone calls, politley asking the return of your deer.

If that doesnt work, I think Preacher Tony knows some people.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I can say is, that buck would have gone home with me, come hell or high water. That I would guarentee you! One way or the other. BTW,that guy sounds like a real smacked ass.[>:]
Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man That odes suck. but as others have said. if he doesn't hunt and is in possesion of the deer or was in possesion of the deer(as we know he was since he didn't let you get it) then there is a legal matter there for the game warden.
of course remember that any action could have a worse reaction to your hunting abilities on that land.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 PM

A BMW? It sounds like he was mad at you for shooting one of his pets! You'll probably see him in the back yard tomorrow burring him with his kids and all of that meat will be wasted. Maybe you can offer to polish his beamer?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Ok man, heres what we gonna do.

You PM a few of your HNI buddies, as many as you can think of. Give them this guys name and number. We/They make a couple of friendly *67 phone calls, politley asking the return of your deer.

If that doesnt work, I think Preacher Tony knows some people.
I make im an offer he can't refuse ......

Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Tim -

This is a pretty bad situation to be in. I feel for you. I believe we all know that this guy needs a sack punch to say the least. I would try to get him on the phone or something, and try to have a conversation with him to see if there is anything possible for you to do to retrieve your deer. If not, I would try to find out what he did with the animal. In Michigan, it is against the law to tag an animal that you did not legally kill. I'm sure that is the case in PA. That means, the neighbor either took the animal, and tagged it illegally so he could keep it himself, or took the animal without tagging it. I believe that both of those actions would be illegal. The only thing he could do with the animal is leave it where it was at.

It sucks, but I don't think there is a whole lot left you could do.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:30 PM

You guys have a real problem with skunks in the area right time to start eliminating the problem!!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Is it illegal fo ryou to put a huge sign in your yard that says he ie a theif and steals deer?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel just asbad for you as the rest. What he did was a crock of crap.

But like somebody else said, if that was in Illinois and you trespassed to get that deer and the guy pressed charges...the CPO would take your deer. Legally speaking I need permission to cross the property line to retrieve any deer that falls on another property. If they don't grant it, you can call the Department, but all that they can do is to urge the land owner to let you have the animal. If they refuse...oh well. They can leave it there to rot if they want.

I am going to take the opposite stance as most here. If you knew that there are issues with this guy and that this had a chance at happening, why would you set up where he can watch you from his house. Yes, I read where you said the deer use that area. Every time you hunted that area you took a chance at this happening. Now that it happened you want to try and get even with him and keep the tensions between you even higher.

Why not be the bigger man, go and knock on his door. Applogize for the events of the prior morning and see what can be done to see that it won't happen again. If he is anti hunting maybe he would agree to let you on his property for the deer if that deer was donated to hunter feeding the hungry or something. Show him that hunters aren't as bad as he may think. You retaliate and you only make his view of hunters worse.

Quick Reply: Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.