Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This will make a deer hunter mad! >

This will make a deer hunter mad!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This will make a deer hunter mad!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default This will make a deer hunter mad!

Well, went out to help my dad search for a buck he shot. The buck ended up living because my dad hit him in the shoulder and didn't get alot of penatration As I was walking to where he was at on this private property we hunt that's owned by a friend, I was walking past one of my stands and saw a gut pile basically in front of it. There's a couple of other guys that hunt there, and they know we have a stand there. Now from my experience, blood and guts don't scare deer, but it still made me mad. That just shows thatone of themis disrespectful to the other hunters out there. It didn't affect the area cause my dad watched deer go right down that path earlier before he hit that buck. It will still make a deer hunter mad.[:@]What do you guys think? Disrespectful or not?
Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: This will make a deer hunter mad!

Absolutely! On the land I hunt we have a "gutting area" where we pull the deer to with a fourwheeler and do all the gutting there. That way it doesnt mess anyone up. Guts dont scare deer but they do attract coyotes and deer arent huge fans of coyotes. I would have a little talk with the guys you hunt with.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i did the same thing 2 years ago. i gutted my deer out right where it fell which was within 20 yards of someones stand. i didn't bother moving it because this guy put his stand within 15 yards (not exaggerating) of my stand. just to top it off i left the heart right on top of the gut pile with the fletching of my arrow still stuck in the heart (that's how i found it). without the fletching i wasn't sure if the other guy would find it [:-].

Old 11-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

If he knew it was there then,yes. You could try to talk to him about it. Explain your side and ask him to stop.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

I'm going to have a talk with them and hopefully one of them will come out and tell me it was him. The stand isn't close to any of theirs. One of them did want to put a stand up close to where I have mine, so maybe that was why. It's first come, first serve out there. My dad and I wanted to put a stand in a certain spot out there, but there was already a stand there, so we moved about 75-100 yards off. We just didn't put it right by theirs or anything.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't see it as a big deal at all.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

I don't see it as a big deal either.

I hunt public land, and there are plenty of gut piles around, and doesn't bother the deer.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

It won't bother the deer, but that's still disrespectful to gut a deer right in front of another hunter's stand unless there's a reason. Maybe I will pay him back though. I have an idea of who it was. That would be wrong though. Now if it happens again, then I'd do it.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats probally were the deer died and they just gutted it there, not a big deal in my opinion either.

Deer will often come to a gut pile, they are curious by nature. So i dont think its disrespectfull at all.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

I dont find it to be that big of a deal, If he did it intentionally then maybe I would be a little angry but I hardly believe that is the case.

Quick Reply: This will make a deer hunter mad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.