Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Widest fixed blade broad head? >

Widest fixed blade broad head?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Widest fixed blade broad head?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM

Default RE: Widest fixed blade broad head?

Lets put it this way then GMMAT

Say a 4 blade has a 2" cutting diameter just the same as a 2 blade Rage...are they then equals in devastation because the cutting diameter....CD is a imaginary number representative of a circle you draw around a head, a deer doesnt feel that, a deer feels the amount of tissue cut by blades.

You can argue his points.....
I dont need to argue anyone's points, Im waiting for you to answer my question you avoided...if you feel that is too difficult, explain my second diagram.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

You can't argue that a 3 blade with a smaller cutting diameter has more cutting surface because it's punching a hole in a more concentrated area.........a 2" cut single slice wound channel doesn't benefit from this.
I agree with Matt. That's my answer.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rebember this deer?

Ok when I shot this deer, The blades were in my favor, obviously. What if, It had turned, horizontal? What if I used a fixed blade? Im guessing flesh wound.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You can't argue that a 3 blade with a smaller cutting diameter has more cutting surface because it's punching a hole in a more concentrated area.........a 2" cut single slice wound channel doesn't benefit from this.
I agree with Matt. That's my answer.
the quote is kind of proving my point. A smaller cutting diameter but more cutting surface fix head DOES cut more, and a single slice doesnt benefit from this...

I asked a true false question and the final answer is "I agree with Matt". This is unbareable.[8D]
Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Don't you have a fraternity pin ceremony....or a panty raid or something to go on?

Youre kinda boring me. (That is TRUE)
Old 11-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't you have a fraternity pin ceremony....or a panty raid or something to go on?

If you do, bring me, Trev.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:08 PM

ah yes, when we dont have an answer (because we are obviously wrong)...resort to the age trump card. Touche, you were born before me...

Classy.

2" is Bigger and Badder than 2.5"...because im older. Atleast logic is being applied.

Ok this pic shows it better....the black blade is a straight 1.25" gash for both heads....the red highlighted blades are any cutting that goes on on top of 1.25"

Why is the extra .75" on the end of the Rage any better than the extra 1.25" on the 4 blade?? Is it because the blades are turned a different direction, they hurt less?[&:]
Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Trevor....I'm not playing the age card on you. If you can't discern the answer from what I've given you.....them I'm giving you too much credit. Really....it isn't that hard. I (like Matt) disagree that the smaller diameter fixed head .....even though it has perpendicular blades......is optimal. It has a 1.25" cutting diameter.....no matter which way you slice it (pun, intended). The rage's cutting "diameter" (albeit linear) is 2".

What are you seeking an answer to that I haven't given you numerous times?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now the term is "optimal " I guess "more" went to the way side when that term was shown to be false.[:-]
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I actually don't care how YOU look at it. If a man said he was gonna throw two knives at me......one was a four blade but was only 1.25" in Dia. and the other was one single blade that was 2".......

Please mister.....throw the smaller one. Which one would you choose? WHich one would that be (the smaller one)?

Never mind. I don't care.

Quick Reply: Widest fixed blade broad head?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.