Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UGH I need advice...women not deer... >

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Old 11-05-2008, 07:40 PM

Default RE: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

ORIGINAL: Tribal

She should realize how important this is to you. You have no kids with her and are not married. Put your foot down and enjoy time while you can with your father. It's nothing against her she needs understand this. Good luck hunting! You give in now she will expect it every time.
Well said
Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

This time of year is the small window of opportunity that we wait all year for! There is a lot of fish in the sea, try a different girlfriend.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Spike

gotta go early. She'll piss and moan, but she'll get over it. Its is only fair to show her how things are going to be so she can decide if that is what she wants. She'll get over it though.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: PABrent

Ok guys...Im 23 and have been dating a certain lady for a year. Im a working RN and she is finishing up nursing school. So I get to see her Thur-Sun. BUT now im leaving to go on a week long archery hunting trip, my father and I have been planning this trip all year. We were going to leave on Sat morning but I switched a day at work and got friday off. So now I can leave Friday Morning!!! I was pumped...My gf was pissed. You would think I killed her dog and blew up her house.

My quesion is what would you do. Leave a day early and get 2 extra hunts in or stay? I really care about her and she cares about me so that is not an issue and should not be discussed.
I take it she knows you had this planned and love to do it. So she will get glad in the same pants she got made in or you really see her true colors now and bail.

I would not change a damn thing, hope you get a nice Deer!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Just bust her in the mouth a couple of times and tell her to have the house cleaned and a hot dinner ready when you get back.
LOL....you reminded me of a joke my friend told me.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing, you've told her twice.

Disclaimer: I'm not condoning spousal abuse, he is ^^^^^.[8D]

Old 11-05-2008, 08:27 PM

I was told by a very wise man once

"If you go fishing (or hunting in this case)

and she ain't there when you come back

Then she wasn't the keeper you were looking for anyway"
Old 11-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been married for 22 years. I hunted before I got married and still today and I hunt every chance I get to. She use to get mad when i got ready to leave and i have to admit sometimes she still does today. She gun hunts with me now and that has made things easier. Try to get your g/f interested in hunting. I know she doesnt have much time for hunting if she's in RN school, but she wont be there forever. Every year I take a trip to Ohio after Thanksgiving she still gets upset a couple of days before I leave. She is in RN school this year and cant go,next will be different though. Well good luck is about all I can offer, but I know where your coming from. By the way I'm a RN to.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Have a good time on your trip. If she answers the phone when you get back, there you go, if not, the next one might.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:25 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Enjoy an extra day of hunting and tell her to have flowers waiting for you to when you get home cause of the hurt she caused... then you will think about forgiving her.You've got to mess with their minds... it seems to keep them happy for some strange reason. If the flower thing doesn't get her laughing... trade her in for one with a sense ofhumor.[8D]

Tim
Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tribal

She should realize how important this is to you. You have no kids with her and are not married. Put your foot down and enjoy time while you can with your father. It's nothing against her she needs understand this. Good luck hunting! You give in now she will expect it every time.
Agree. Get It In the open now so she realizes what your about. I told my g/f this very thing when we got together (don't expect me around much come fall)We have the whole rest of the year to enjoy time with each other. She still gets ornery but she gets over It.

Enjoy time with your dad while you still can!! Some people on here would love to be In your shoes to hunt with there dad again. Most of the guys I'm talking about can't because there dads have passed.

Just go!

Quick Reply: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.