Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UGH I need advice...women not deer... >

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Old 11-05-2008, 06:35 PM

Default RE: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

I have beenmarried to mywife for 15 years and if in the beginning (courting) days she had given a hard time for hunting, we would not be married today....
x2. If it's a problem now, it will most likely always be. The more understanding she is now the better. Because after marriage, children, and other responsibilities, it could be harder for her to understand your hunting time. I can't say it will go that way for sure and I'm judging by others' experiences. My wife gets it and I know I'm lucky.

Edit: This probably isn't the best place to ask girl vs hunting advice. I have a suspicion the suggestions will be very one sided.[8D]
Old 11-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

You give in now then she's got you for as long as you 2 are together. SHe'll settle down give her some flowers and a back rub and you'll be hunting Friday.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys...I just needed to know I wasnt a jerk for going on friday. Ill keep you posted on my luck in Ohio!!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brent, set the bar now.

Example: The firsthunting season(four years ago) with my now wife, I spent every friday night at the cabin and hunted every night that I could. Now when I stay home and drive up in the morning, or skip a day, it is a bg deal to her. She knew and knowsthat hunting is very important to me and respects that.

Short answer, if it is ment to be, she will understand. If you want it to work, you need to be honest about what you want to do.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would say go and have a good time. If youy give in now, it will only get worse later on.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

I'd ask her to pack your bags early and have them waiting by the door ready for you to go. i show her the list of chores to do while your gone, tell her to make sure she's gonna be in the mood for a lil love'n the night before you leave and when you return.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Just bust her in the mouth a couple of times and tell her to have the house cleaned and a hot dinner ready when you get back.
LMAO Motown

Brent....you come on to a hunting website during the rut to ask us whether you should go hunt or stay with her....Not sure that gives her a fair chance [8D]

Good luck, either way I'm sure it will work out for you. At least you have the week...not just the weekend!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

She should realize how important this is to you. You have no kids with her and are not married. Put your foot down and enjoy time while you can with your father. It's nothing against her she needs understand this. Good luck hunting! You give in now she will expect it every time.

Well said Tribal.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have so many friends that can't enjoy anything because they fold like chairs to their girlfriends and wives. My wife however understands what I enjoy and talking to her about it helped a lot in the way things go now(5 years later). If you talk to her I think it will go over well for you, and really help your relationship in the long run. If you fold and don't go then it will only make you miserable in the long run cause she will run over you from here on out because you let her.

I can't tell you how many of my friends complain that they can't go anyplace, or do anything for themselves because they "aren't allowed"...and I don't know how many times I have asked them when did they marry their mother?
Old 11-05-2008, 07:35 PM

whats wrong with you? GO HUNTING WITH YOUR DAD!!!!!

what do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?
nothing, you already told her twice. -- ha ha just a joke calm down

Quick Reply: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.