HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   whats going on?? Ohio rut? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/272001-whats-going-ohio-rut.html)

mondoman86 11-05-2008 04:46 PM

whats going on?? Ohio rut?

I always have the best luck the first week in November. I've hunted the last 4 days, and so has My cousin. We have seen 1 spike between us. We haven't evenheard deer walking, or chaseing. Whats the deal? Is anyone else having these results? It almost acts like its that time when thebucks, and doeslockup, and You don't see anything for a few days. That usually doesn't happen around here until the second or third week in November. Our trail cam are getting about half the picks they were, and theres no bucks on them at all. Maybe a small buck a night. I can't figure it out. Is it the rut came in early, or could it be the warmer weather causing this? Just wondering if anyone else is expieriencing this?

pwrsrtk350 11-05-2008 04:52 PM

RE: whats going on?? Ohio rut?

I have seen a little chasing but right now the bucks in my area are responding to grunts pretty good. Saturday I had 3 bucks standing behind my treestand after a series of grunts and my buddy got a nice 8 point thismorning after grunting.

BowTech_Shooter 11-05-2008 05:05 PM

I saw 5 bucks fighting over 2 does this morning and I saw 1 nice 8 pt this evening that ALMOST gave me a shot...;)

DeerandbearhoG 11-05-2008 05:20 PM

Well Im not in OH ,but I was always puzzled why so many say they see so much rut activity in early Nov. I personally have had my best action every year between the 14th and the 25th.

tky1187 11-05-2008 05:24 PM

Myself and 2 buddies are heading out tomorrow night to ohio, and all my buddies from out there have been sayin the same thing about the rut being funny. I shot my buck the first weekend out but I'm hoping to fill a few doe tags and my turkey tag.

buckmaster_27 11-05-2008 06:14 PM

a buddy of mine just got back and said deer are going crazy out there.he got a big 8 and a doe passed up numerous bucks and does.the doe he shot had a bigger 10 ptr with her head to the ground after her.he shot his buck first so he had to pass the buck.

The Deer Destroyer 11-05-2008 07:11 PM

I do believe it is the weather. However; I was out this morning and seen quite a bit of good action. This weekend a strong cold front is on its way in I think you will really see it get hot then. I am off work til the 18th so I will be hitting it hard everyday from here until I go back to work. Good Luck out there.

mondoman86 11-06-2008 11:03 AM

Well last week I seen a couple chases going on, and I seen a couple 130" 3 1/2 year olds moving around. This week nothing. I'm hoping the cold front helps out like You said deer destroyer. I usually sit in the stand most of, if not all the day. It can get mighty boring sitting for 12 hours in a stand when You don't see a deer.:(Although Yesterday I did see 3 coyotes, and 2 german sheppeards. lol

Predator19 11-06-2008 11:25 AM

The bucks are not chasing yet here. Just trying to catch the bucks when they make the rounds at about 8:30 a.m. Saw 2 125" bucks today. Saw an absolutebooner on election day working scrapes. Should pick up by this weekend.

huntingson 11-06-2008 11:28 AM

They are really beginning to get moving around me. Not chasing yet, but on the move looking. My favorite part of the year!!!