Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WARNING-SAGE MOUTAIN OUTFITTERS >

WARNING-SAGE MOUTAIN OUTFITTERS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WARNING-SAGE MOUTAIN OUTFITTERS

Old 11-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WARNING-SAGE MOUTAIN OUTFITTERS

huntingson, one question, how did you get contacted with them ??

Sucks to plan and wait for your trip only for it to turn out like that.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a bunch a crap and a waste of money. Sorry to here of such an experience. It would take someone like me to save up enough money to do something like that, and boy if thats how it turned out....[:@]
Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rookie51

You seem to be a very good hunter is hunting for elk on public ground not an option for you? After an experience like that I would say the heck spending thousands of dollars for guided hunts. Sorry to hear about your trip, crooks suck.
The one really good side of this story is that while there we found some terrific public land to hunt in MT. This trip was my first guided hunt ever and it will be my last.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

Tom Nelson has hunted with them for years, and I was stupid enough to accept his word as the truth. Although, in his defense, they probably do treat him much differently since he gives them so much advertisement. I just believe that a businessman would treat every client the same. Unfortunately, that is simply not the case.

I also should have mentioned that the last week of the season they allowed the guy hunting with Wolf Creek productions to shoot one at 52 yards. Another hole in this guy's story.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 AM

Man I am here to tell you that if I have a 350+ bull at that yardage, I'm taking that shot, period. I paid to hunt elk, and I would damn well would be shooting that big boy. As soon as he said no, my arrow would be in the air.

Thanks for the heads up to. Make sure everyone knows on all the boards. And report the to the BBB.

Sorry about the crappy hunt man.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jim, that is a huge bummer of a deal to go thru. I really feel bad for you, and got to give you a huge amount of respect for handling it the way you are. You are the one showing true courtesy and professionalism here, even when faced with the obvious inexcusable action of others. I hope your future hunts all work out above and beyond expectations.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: badassbowtech

Man I am here to tell you that if I have a 350+ bull at that yardage, I'm taking that shot, period. I paid to hunt elk, and I would damn well would be shooting that big boy. As soon as he said no, my arrow would be in the air.

Thanks for the heads up to. Make sure everyone knows on all the boards. And report the to the BBB.

Sorry about the crappy hunt man.
In hind sight, yes, I should have just settled my pin and shot. I think about that nearly every day. Nothing I can do now though except try to keep others from making my mistakes.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Jim, that is a huge bummer of a deal to go thru. I really feel bad for you, and got to give you a huge amount of respect for handling it the way you are. You are the one showing true courtesy and professionalism here, even when faced with the obvious inexcusable action of others. I hope your future hunts all work out above and beyond expectations.
Thank you rybo. That truly means a lot to me.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

That is a shame for sure. Its an expensive way to learn if someone is of their word or not. Personally I like a list of the hunters that have hunted with them the last three years (as long as its a short list) before I commit. When I was in Colorado this year the person I hunt with, we had a discussion about the outfitters who are looking to sell a spot and nothing more.

I can say this, a friend of mine who I elk hunt with, drew a good a tag in a good state only to find out that he was "sold" a not so good unit, when in fact he had 3 points more than needed. One more year would of put in him the chance for a better unit....long story short it wasn't what he thought, but heck that outfitter runs 80 archery elk hunters during the season..which was not known be either of us..

Keep in mind that not all outfitters are alike, but it does take some time to find one that is honest..

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

Tom Nelson has hunted with them for years, and I was stupid enough to accept his word as the truth. Although, in his defense, they probably do treat him much differently since he gives them so much advertisement. I just believe that a businessman would treat every client the same. Unfortunately, that is simply not the case.

I also should have mentioned that the last week of the season they allowed the guy hunting with Wolf Creek productions to shoot one at 52 yards. Another hole in this guy's story.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:08 PM

That just sucks. There are so many good outfitters that the bad ones just ruin it and make us all a little less trusting when you go to book a trip. Sorry you had such a bad experience, but thanks for sharing with the rest of us so we don't make the same mistake in going with them.

Quick Reply: WARNING-SAGE MOUTAIN OUTFITTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.