HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Aninal encounters; Leaves; Vomit (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271892-aninal-encounters-leaves-vomit.html)

GMMAT 11-05-2008 06:21 AM

Aninal encounters; Leaves; Vomit

I got set up pretty early and settled in, today.....in a spot I usually see a lot of does. I thought I'd take one if I got a chance, this morning.

Animal encounters: At one point I notice a hawk on a limb about 15 yds in front of me. Then...I see a squirrel about 2' from him on the same limb. I'm thinking the squirrel has a death wish. He'd sorta lunge at the hawk....and hawk would raise his wings and lunge back. Neither of them gave ground until the hawk flew off. Whole thing lasted about a minute. Really funny to see.

Leaves: Is there anyone else ready for these darn leaves to drop, already? I mean....I love the cover and all.....but I need to see a little further sometimes.

It was really overcast here, today....and misting rain as I walked to stand. When the sun came up....you couldn't see it for the clouds....and the green, yellow and red leaves were the most beautiful I'd ever seen. Ever. That was worth the price of admission, right there.;)

Vomit: I remembered I didn't dream the election.....and threw up in my mouth a little.

Austin/WI 11-05-2008 06:25 AM

RE: Aninal encounters; Leaves; Vomit

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Vomit: I remembered I didn't dream the election.....and threw up in my mouth a little.
Soooooo true! I got the text message from my GF last night while I was on the way home from hockey practice. I thought something was wrong and I flip open the cell, almost ran off the road I was so pissed!

Schultzy 11-05-2008 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

Soooooo true! I got the text message from my GF last night while I was on the way home from hockey practice. I thought something was wrong and I flip open the cell, almost ran off the road I was so pissed!
Agree!

Leaves: Is there anyone else ready for these darn leaves to drop, already? I mean....I love the cover and all.....but I need to see a little further sometimes.
Leaves are off here!

V8Ranger 11-05-2008 07:33 AM

Ya no leaves here either. That would be cool to see that hawk and squirrel go at it.

louddrummer69 11-05-2008 07:46 AM

I've seen the same thing with the squirrel and the hawk fiasco. Leaves are pretty much all off here in NW MO. I don't feel the need to discuss the election anymore on this forum but I couldn't be happier.

HammytheHunter 11-05-2008 07:46 AM

Glad you got out Jeff! The leaves are still up here for the most part with certain areas having less than others. While I was out the other night, you could see far in one direction, however, the other direction was slightly blocked by the leaves. Of course the deer came from behind me where I wasn't expecting it!

Thanks to the front located off the coast of your state... its making it hard to figure out if I'll be able to slip into the woods tonight or not.;)

Deleted User 11-05-2008 08:18 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Matt/NC 11-05-2008 08:30 AM

I was pretty lucky Jeff I got all the taste out of my mouth prior to hitting the woods. All the vomit went to the toilet. HAHA

bigcountry 11-05-2008 08:40 AM

Dadgone Jeff, I always figured you to be a bama man. Figured you were out celebrating late last night in chicago.

Jasonlester 11-05-2008 01:32 PM

Thanks for making my day. I thats the funniest thing I have heard in weeks!

Take care.