Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Doe (BB) down in Pa. >

Doe (BB) down in Pa.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe (BB) down in Pa.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Doe (BB) down in Pa.

Tonight was a fun night in the woods. Bucks are definately chasing hard in Pa. Had a Nice 6 bumping a doe through the thicket tonight for 45 mins. On to the good part. I went into the stand around 2 this afternoon with the intentions of taking a doe. Around 4:30 this evening I heard a deer coming through the woods, although the gait of the walk sounded a bit odd. After waiting for about 10 mins. the "doe" came out of cover. I noticed that it was severely lame, dragging it's frontleft leg on the ground, obviously broken, explained the weird sounds as it was walking,I knew this would be a good deer to take and put it out of its misery. I knew she was young .5 yr. old. I came to full draw and put my pin on the armpit as the shot was only 8 yds. so I held low. I tripped the release and watched the arrow disappear right behind the shoulder and exit out the other side. Deer took off barely able to keep its front end up as it ran. I waited about 20 mins., but it really started raining so I got down to atleast check the arrow. Arrow looked great and there was blood everywhere....Rage! I decided with the rain coming down to track it so the sign did not wash away. Trail was easy and the deer didn't make it 60 yds. Perfect shot, double lung and top of heart. I was really suprised when I bent down and grabbed its head to find it was a button buck. I am pretty good at picking these guys out and even at 3 ft. away, you could not make out the fur tufts or buttons. Smallest buttons I ever saw. I don't ever shoot these guys but in this case he was pretty banged up so I didn't feel to bad.Will make great tablefare!I think it had gotten hit by a car because its back right hind quarter has what looked like bad road rash. All in all a good night. Sorry, no pics. It was really raining out and I was alone, wouldn't have brought a camara out in this rain anyway. Sorry guys, please keep the sack punches and man card revocations to a minimum

Shane
Old 11-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Doe (BB) down in Pa.

Congrats!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yummy..congrats Shane!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

nice shooting shane...r u huntning in west chester?? there are deer everywhere there...and some big bucks
Old 11-05-2008, 04:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

sack kick no pic. But congrats
Old 11-05-2008, 04:53 AM

Congrats Shane. Hey, I work in the Security Department atthe CC Hospital. Stopby sometime [ just not till afterthe season]. Ken
Old 11-05-2008, 05:12 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

sack kick no pic. But congrats
I agree. congrats on good kill.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemond35

nice shooting shane...r u huntning in west chester?? there are deer everywhere there...and some big bucks
Yeah, I hunt out towards unionville/chadds ford, and yes there are some big bucks out here. Hammered one on the second day of the season.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CCPaHunter

Congrats Shane. Hey, I work in the Security Department atthe CC Hospital. Stopby sometime [ just not till afterthe season]. Ken
Sounds like a plan. Where about do you hunt in West Chester?

Shane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.