Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!! >

Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Default RE: Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!!

Southern Maryland same deal gents. It seems as if the deer have all went nocturnal. Seeing some small bucks here and there but nothing of any size. Hopefully the weather change next week will help things out.

Last year I shot my biggest buck ever on veterans day November 11th, that was special considering I am a retired G.I. I noticed about 3 to 4 days before I shot that deer that the big bucks were starting to cruise during the day. I really hope the same scenario plays out again.

Dave
Old 11-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

This season has been horrible weather in our region... Rain, warm, wind....either one or all 3!!! all season. It sucks!! Anyone in this area or any region in the nation feel my pain!?
Thank GOD I had a little pressure taken off this weekend, but plan on going back out tomorrow. I see that late tomorrow the rain may let upfor an afternoon hunt. I am very confident that the rut is in due to the one I killed Saturday. Due to his battle scars and broken G3 there are bigger ones in the area. His glands were literally dripping wet and his neck was as big as I have seen. BTW...I need your help with a european mount!

Saturday morning I am going back to the place where I killed big boy if you are interested in joining me. Its a special piece that is bedding only, so mornings are the best to hunt it. I have no stands set up in this parcel so its climber only. Saturday afternoon Im going to the place youand Eric visited. The clover is getting mauled every night. Its like clockwork, about 1/2 hour before sunset the field fills up and with the rut kicking in it should be a good hunt. Come on up, bring Eric if you want.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Something's wrong when I'm swattin' skeeters on 11/4.
Something's wrong when I see 3 deer in my last3 ALL DAY hunts, in the prime time of the rut,and I'm swatt'n friggen nats all day!!