HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   First Bow Kill! First Buck! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271731-first-bow-kill-first-buck.html)

OhioHunter222 11-04-2008 01:47 PM

First Bow Kill! First Buck!

Been a while since I've logged in. Saturday morning I killed this 8 pointer. Its my fourth deer. I've killed a button buck and two does before. I didn't even realize he was an 8 pointer, I thought he was a small four or six. He never really showed me his head. Ends up being an 8 when we found him. Thanks for lookin.

TexasBowHunter 11-04-2008 01:49 PM

RE: First Bow Kill! First Buck!

Congrats on your buck brother!!!!! He looks like a good one!!!

Siman08/OH 11-04-2008 01:50 PM

Congrats!

OhioHunter222 11-04-2008 01:52 PM

Thanks! I forgot to say my uncle estimated him around 250 lbs before we field dressed him. sorry for the dirty look also haha the sun was in my eyes. I hate the 1 buck ohio rule! I want to go back out but know as soon as I do a monster is going to walk by me.

bcvd45 11-04-2008 01:52 PM

very nice...Congrats!!!!

hunter90899 11-04-2008 02:39 PM

congrats .... Nice buck

IAhuntr 11-04-2008 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: OhioHunter222

Thanks! I forgot to say my uncle estimated him around 250 lbs before we field dressed him. sorry for the dirty look also haha the sun was in my eyes. I hate the 1 buck ohio rule! I want to go back out but know as soon as I do a monster is going to walk by me.

^^Most everyone has felt the same when starting out. As you get more hunts under your belt, you'll begin to appreciate that in a 1 buck only state, you'll never arrow a big one if you shoot a smaller buck first.
That being said, you've harvested a fine deer for your first antlered buck and you should be proud. You look like you'll have many more seasons in life to go afterthe monster. Congrats.

mofireman 11-04-2008 02:47 PM

Nice buck! You should be proud as it's always an accomplishment!!

wis_rifle_hunter 11-04-2008 03:25 PM

congrats. way to go

OhioHunter222 11-04-2008 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: IAhuntr

ORIGINAL: OhioHunter222

^^Most everyone has felt the same when starting out. As you get more hunts under your belt, you'll begin to appreciate that in a 1 buck only state, you'll never arrow a big one if you shoot a smaller buck first.
That being said, you've harvested a fine deer for your first antlered buck and you should be proud. You look like you'll have many more seasons in life to go afterthe monster. Congrats.
I dont mind the 1 buck rule, i actually like it. Its just early in the season and gun hunting is my favorite because we always go down for about a week straight and have a blast. If a big one goes by me i'll just shoot his girlfriend and hope he runs by my dad. He deserves a big buck more than anyone I know.