Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm thinking about hunting a new piece... calling all aerial/topo guys. >

I'm thinking about hunting a new piece... calling all aerial/topo guys.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm thinking about hunting a new piece... calling all aerial/topo guys.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm thinking about hunting a new piece... calling all aerial/topo guys.

Anything stand out to you guys? there is a logging road that goes around the top before dropping off into a "holler"

The land is not managed and Ill likely shoot anything that I feel fit. even if it's little.[]But what do you guys see in this piece? I can hunt anywhere in the red. Your looking at apx60acres.

Would you hunt on top, or down in the bottom?

If you guys know how to put in a topo overlay please let me know. Thanks ahead of times guys.

Heres a topo, I cant get them together though.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Spike

Default RE: I'm thinking about hunting a new piece... calling all aerial/topo guys.

Im guessing those are crop fields that surround it. I personally like the spot just above where it says "old town district" where that blue finger comes out into your area, i would set up just above it. and in between the property line and what appears to be a row of cedars that runs left to right along that lil. opening. im guessing up is north etc? that is how id hunt it. If nothing else hang what id call an observation stand, and see what is happening. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm thinking about hunting a new piece... calling all aerial/topo guys.

Yes up is north.

And those are actuall just pasture fields.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is that a saddleabout a1/3 way up from the south corner? It looks like it connects the two pieces of high ground. If it is, I would be looking at that really hard. If not, I would be checking out the bottom ground on the S/SE portion.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I added a topo for you kickinbuck. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ttt
Old 11-04-2008, 06:35 PM

I would scout these areas in the off season.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

t

Old 11-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Gri22.....How'd I do (I didn't look at yours, first)

Old 11-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

So tell me what you guys are seeing....

Quick Reply: I'm thinking about hunting a new piece... calling all aerial/topo guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.