Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i never thought i would say this >

i never thought i would say this

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i never thought i would say this

Old 11-04-2008, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default i never thought i would say this

Wow I never thought pre season that I would be saying this but I'm considering giving up for this season just chalking it up as a waste of pa tags and packing it in its pretty bad when you get there extra early as to not scare anything get in your stand 1.5 hrs before daylight and. Don't see a single deer... I'd love to know what happened to all my deer but I guess ill never know really the rut is on back here where I. Am hunting I have a friend hunting 2 ridges over and he's seeing crazy bucks before you say it no I can't hunt there and the deer trails I hunt look like cattle paths
Old 11-04-2008, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i never thought i would say this

That's how I feel too.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

It seems to be going around this year, some people are having some luck but most arent seeing a damned thing. Not sure what the hell is going on this year. Pretty strange if you ask me. The bucks shoudl be chasing to beat hell and I have yet to see anything hardcore going on, hell in my 1 hour commute straight through the Clark County forest, I have yet to see 1 deer in the last 2 weeks. 2 months ago It was like pinball. They were all over the place, now they are gone??? what gives???
Old 11-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I had to MAKE myself go hunting yesterday....after my weekend. But I'm glad I did. Yesterday afternoon.....all was right again in the woods. I'm looking forward to today's evening sit.

It's beenan education.....and it's FAR from over. We're still not into the rut, here.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I had to MAKE myself go hunting yesterday....after my weekend. But I'm glad I did. Yesterday afternoon.....all was right again in the woods. I'm looking forward to today's evening sit.

It's beenan education.....and it's FAR from over. We're still not into the rut, here.
Jeff most places are not into the "RUT" yet, I bet in a few more days all hell is going to break loose. Places like PA and MI take a bit longer. This is because the lack of mature bucks and to many does.

This weekend should be pretty good, keep at it.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

i would have to say that it depends on where you hunt, the conception that pa is loaded with doe is crap in my area, ever since doe came in with buck it has almost wiped them out where i hunt, i found 2 nice bucks where i hunt that i got on game cam and i have put in about 40hrs in my stand to see just 2 small doe, so now my descision will have to be based on 1. do i hunt this area that i know there are at least 2 nice bucks, or 2. there are no does there so there is a good chance as soon as some does near there go in rut , the bucks will be gone... so thats what i have to decide, i have seen no sign of rut at all this last weekend, not 1 scrape, so im pumped up cause i have 3 days off this week, i just hope that we dont miss the rut before archery goes out.....
Old 11-04-2008, 08:01 AM

Hang in there, I had to force myself to get up and head out this morning. My stand sites have been dead for morning hunts, I may have seen two or three doe all season while hunting in the morning. I climbed up in stand without much hope this morning and ended up seeing 3- 8 points, a big 7 point, a spike, a button buck, and two doe. Two of the 8's were shooters but they all cruised a edge of a swamp about 80 yards from me and never got close enough for a shot. Things are heating up in the woods, even if the weather isn't great.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

I do know the bucks are starting to get going in my area of PA.

Saturday morning I got my first deer with a bow, a nice sized doe. Everything worked out perfect, made a couple "can" callsand she comes right in and stops broadside 13 yards away. I made a great shot on her and sat down in my stand, put my bow in the holder, took my release off and just tried to calm down.[&:]

Well, wouldn't you know it, about 2 minutes latter I catch movement in the brush coming right from where the doe just came, and of course it's a decent buck.[:'(]

Well, I tried to get my release back on and get ready for a shot, but he knew something wasn't right and turned around and walk away. I tried calling him back, but no dice.

So it was a bitter sweet moment. I still got my first deer with a bow, but it could have been a buck. He was definitely following her trail though.

I have this Friday off work, I can't wait.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

perhaps the deer are winding you, or it's just not a morning spot ?

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

Wow I never thought pre season that I would be saying this but I'm considering giving up for this season just chalking it up as a waste of pa tags and packing it in its pretty bad when you get there extra early as to not scare anything get in your stand 1.5 hrs before daylight and. Don't see a single deer... I'd love to know what happened to all my deer but I guess ill never know really the rut is on back here where I. Am hunting I have a friend hunting 2 ridges over and he's seeing crazy bucks before you say it no I can't hunt there and the deer trails I hunt look like cattle paths
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Uh, that's why they call it deer hunting instead of deer killing.

Quick Reply: i never thought i would say this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.