Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New world record. You decide. >

New world record. You decide.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New world record. You decide.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New world record. You decide.

ORIGINAL: mj469

They are saying it should be compared to another "Bowkill" as it was shot with a bow right? Milo's was shot with a gun so it would be in a different class. Just what I get from them saying that you can't compare the two.

Either way, both guys probably outdid the odds of winning the lottery with these two.
Right. Im concerned more with the P&Y record book. I think it would give Johnson's buck a run. Hard to factor the sticker deductions on Decker's buck. Mel's buck had the same frame but was super clean,
Old 11-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

After deductions I can't see it taking over the #1 B&C spot.

For P&Y I don't know. I have been fortunate enough to know Mel Johnson most of my life, so for his sake I want to say no, but that is one heck of a buck. It seems like every year there is a buck that is shot that is rumored to break it, but after deductions always falls up short.

Regardless of score though that think would make me fall out of my stand.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

After deduction's I don't think it will net over 200". I really don't. I won't buy that these deer are 3 1/2 either.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

Milo's was a gun kill, but if I recall, he pursuedthis buck for over a week before he finally killed it.It's not like he was just sitting somewhere that he never hunted and thedeer just popped up in front of him.

Mad props to the guy who killed the other buck, but I would take the Hanson buck.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

You can't compare the two can you, the Milo is a rifle kill, this one a bowkill. Are they saying this new one will surpass Milo's? Or is it just the new WR P&Y, not B&C?

IMO though, I have more respect for his new one as a bowkill over Milo's lucky shot on a rifle deer drive. The person I feel for is the guy who missed on the drive before Milo's lucky shot.
I don't understand how it could be a lucky shot if he aimed at the deer.. and killed it. I have respect for both bucks regardless of what they were shot with.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hansen's buck is symetrical, Decker's is not. Hanson keeps the title.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

My buddy hunted last week at buffalo county outfitters (won the trip WTU) He and his guide who was filming that buck that we have all watchedwere talking. His guide said that buck will never get killed, it had been missed 3 times previously and once with a muzzleloader at 70 yards. This doesn't have much to do with the comparison just an interesting anecdote. It does lay claim that the buck must be over 3.5 years old if it has been missed several seasons in a row, in buffalo county I don't think there are too many people that would shoot at a 1.5 year old deer.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:05 AM

But yall no where Milos buck was shot......>Saskatchewan canada!!!!and i think no one will ever beat milos buck, people have came close but never beet it. and this buck was shot with a bow and there for its Pope And Young and milos was shot with a rifle so that would make it Boone And Crocket so why is there even a comparison?? [:@]haha
Old 11-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoeyG

You can't compare the two can you, the Milo is a rifle kill, this one a bowkill. Are they saying this new one will surpass Milo's? Or is it just the new WR P&Y, not B&C?

IMO though, I have more respect for his new one as a bowkill over Milo's lucky shot on a rifle deer drive. The person I feel for is the guy who missed on the drive before Milo's lucky shot.
I don't understand how it could be a lucky shot if he aimed at the deer.. and killed it. I have respect for both bucks regardless of what they were shot with.
He shot at the deer 3 or 4 times I think...and if I'm not mistaken the deer was running. That's why it was a lucky shot.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

ORIGINAL: JoeyG

He shot at the deer 3 or 4 times I think...and if I'm not mistaken the deer was running. That's why it was a lucky shot.
I agree. Definitely more respect the for the bowkill vs. the guy who got lucky on a deer drive. He and others shot at the deer many times on more than one occassion before killing it the 3rd time he hit it.

Quick Reply: New world record. You decide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.