Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wounded/lost deer threads >

Wounded/lost deer threads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wounded/lost deer threads

Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wounded/lost deer threads

Can someone please tell me what is accomplished by these threads? I understand the sorrow and frustration hunters feel, after they cant find a deer they've shot, Ive been there, it sucks, but what is it, you think anyone here can do for you? Get yourself some friends and do a grid search, its that simple, what else can be said to help you? If you really want to read more about wounding and losing deer look at the past posts on the subject, there's 3 on every page ,or better yet, read the sticky.

Refer to rule 6 of the rules of the forum about giving anti hunters something to cut and paste to their websites.

Sorry if I offended someone , with this post , not trying stir the pot, but man, am I the only one who thinks theres way too many of these lost deer threads?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wounded/lost deer threads

haha I was just asking my friend the same question.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Dominant Buck

I was looking for help .....to help me search if I needed it. From it...I got a fellow forum member's aid.....a contact for a bloodtracking dog.......and some tips.

If you don't like ANY thread.....don't open it up.

I hope you aren't offended by that, either.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree whole-heartedly. It's like you said its heartbreaking and very frustrating, all I can see is that it helps people vent, which is understandable. But still, get out there, put your boots to the test and work tillyou find the deer.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 PM

Not everyone knows what to do when they wound an animal. Animals do weird **** that doesn't always fit into the cookie cutter "Lung/Liver/Heart/Paunch/Gut/Spine" mold we discuss normally.

Yes, there is a thread pinned to the top of the forum with suggestions, but most people's first reaction is to post a thread seeking advice.

As far as giving the PETA nuts more fuel for their fire, give me a break. It happens. We know it, they know it. If someone posts asking for advice, we asa community owe it to that person to do our best to help them.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

There is a thread at the top of the page that gives great advice. People dont look they just want answers handed to them.

As for looking for help from others,that istotally different and that is worthy of a post.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: PABrent

There is a thread at the top of the page that gives great advice. People dont look they just want answers handed to them.

As for looking for help from others,that istotally different and that is worthy of a post.
I don't understand the difference.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
New Sheriff

Has anyone on here EVER found the deer because they made a post about it and was given advice in that post that led to them finding the deer? Would they have not otherwise have found it if they would have stayed out looking?

I don't know, just asking.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Highs and Lows brother, we post our success, why not our failure too? I can see your point about the anti stuff, but if you have a good reason to make a thread, (for example my video and Jeff's help thread), then i don't see a problem.

Now if your thread is simply "i shot a booner today and couldnt find it oh well", then yea you have a very valid point my friend.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Give the Anti's fuel - Really? We are the hunters, so that makes them the????? Hunters have always survived and I am not gonna let some lil Anti take thet away from me.

As far as the other question, they want to vent most likely, and maybe wanting an experienced hunter to help them??

Quick Reply: Wounded/lost deer threads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.