Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This year compared to last year?? >

This year compared to last year??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This year compared to last year??

Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 PM

Default This year compared to last year??

How is your year compared to last year so far?? Mine is nowhere near what it was last year. This time last year I was seeing lots of deer, and Had taken 2 decent 8 pts in the 110" -115" range..this year I have not even smelled a buck even close to that. I have been around people who have shot at or killed some as big or bigger, but Im not seeing the number of deer nor the quality of deer this year..
Old 11-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This year compared to last year??

I have some doe(s) in the freezer and I've passed on some little bucks. My trail cam is showing better results than last year.

I would say its a better year for me...with more deer and better bucks.

However - Disney world killed to weekends in October so I'm behind the ball compared to last year. Not dinging the Disney trip. It was a great time with my little ones and my wify.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

2 dinks opening weekend, let one pass last weekend. Overall slower than last year. My honey hole has dried up this year due to no acorns. Sat there 3 times without seeing a tail. Very disappointing, considering there are 2 monsters in there I'm after.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

How is your year compared to last year so far?? Mine is nowhere near what it was last year. This time last year I was seeing lots of deer, and Had taken 2 decent 8 pts in the 110" -115" range..this year I have not even smelled a buck even close to that. I have been around people who have shot at or killed some as big or bigger, but Im not seeing the number of deer nor the quality of deer this year..
You and I seem to be living simliar lives right now man. Last year we were surrounded by dee, every sit and would see bucks from 1.5 to 4.5 years old regularly. This year, however, is extremely different. This has been an awfully poor year for our property concerning mast production. In fact, many of our doe groups are already on their late season (December/January) feeding patterns. Its kind of scary.

Also- due to a different school schedule I am only able to afternoons as last year I could hunt more mornings and our property is definitely a morning spot. Still, we haven't seen the sign, numbers or gotten the quality of trail cam. photos we did last year. Its still early though.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

From what i have learned from last year (2nd season) to this year (3rd season), its unbelievable. My deer sightings are probvably even but i have seen 1 mature buck compared to last year's zero at this point.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better, but I am bowhunting later in the year this year
! buck in bow range and A few more seen
Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 PM

I've seen more deer and more bucks by this time than in any other season. Also I shot my first buck. All in all this is better than last year.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

This has been a terrible year for me so far, really the worst year I can remember. Overall deer sightings are way down. Deer activity is way down. The last two years combined, I could count on one hand the number of times that I didn't at least see a deer. This year, I haven'teven seena deer 7 of the last 8 hunts. It's been a tough year. I hope it gets better.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

This year was worse but better...

This year I saw far less deer than last year. This year I had more sits seeing nothing than I had last year. I killed my bucks 2 days apart and this years being one of my best. So, less deer, good buck. I tagged out last year, tagged out this year. Comparable but less sightings this year.

As far as fun though, it's been fantastic and I get to extend it by being a cameraman and guide plus, more tags like oh let's say a week in IL.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't hunt much last year (had my buck In 2 sits) so I can't compare last year and this year. On average though this year I'm having a down year on seeing bucks. I've seen one 3.5 year old mid 120's buck and one 2.5 year old (I think) 115" buck, could of shot both of them. Other then them two I've seen 5 other 1.5 year olds. I've still got allot of good hunting coming In the next couple of weeks so I'll answer your question better when that time comes.

Quick Reply: This year compared to last year??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.