Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BLACK KNIGHT!!!

Old 03-27-2003, 09:35 PM

Default BLACK KNIGHT!!!

I just bought the bow and was going to use it for strictly 3-d' s and was going to use 03 Pat for hunting. But I have a problem. The BK is so damn quiet and smooth and very fast and accurate. I might have to use it for hunting too. I had a 02 pat s/c sold it so I could buy the 03 model.But I' m seriuosly thinking about going back to a dual cam. So I might end up buying the Pat dually if I decide to have a hunting bow and have a bow for 3-d' s. The only minor complaint I have with the BK is that their is not much room for creeping.I haven' t had a chance to shoot the Pat dually. Does anybody know if the pat is the same as the BK with the creeping. My brother in law has ordered them but is still waiting on them. But I need to know now so I can make my decision if waiting is worthwhile on the Pat dually.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BLACK KNIGHT!!!

My Pat Dually has about a 1/2" valley so you can creep a little.
I have shot the both BK' s for this year and they had the same amount of valley as the Pat Dually.
With yours did the Pro Shop check to make sure the cams where in sync and hitting the wall at the same time?

I do know if 1 cam is slightly out of sync there will be no valley at all it might be something for you to look into.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:59 PM

Both cams were in time with each other. My brother in law the one that owns the shop put a muzzy rest on it and we had perfect bullet holes thru the paper test. He just suggested that with the Pat dually that has a bigger brace height it might be better because if you have to hold it longer. but he did start liking the BK more with the muzzy rest on it. But I shot the 03 pat s/c after shooting the BK for along time and the s/c pat seemed to slow now but we estimated or roughly fig. out that with the pat dually I' d be slightly slower than the BK.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

both the BK and Pat Dually have 65% let off so you are still going to be holding the same weight.

Speed wise the Pat Dually is a tad slower than the BK there is only about 10fps difference but a heck of a lot more brace height between the 2.

I do know the Pat Dually I have set at 62# hits like a mack truck
Old 03-27-2003, 10:24 PM

I know that a bigger brace height is better for hunting purposes, so I guess I' ll wait to shoot the Pat dually. I have my Bk set at 68# and set at 28" draw and on average it was shooting thru the crono at 320 fps. My s/c pat was pretty quiet but I couldn' t believe that the BK was quieter. I assumed that with being duals that it would be a bit louder.I was wrong. They say that the single cam is the future, but IMO the dually is the way to go!!