HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Very sad news! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271530-very-sad-news.html)

MartinJaguarArcher 11-03-2008 04:07 PM

Very sad news!

Well, the property that I have been hunting for the past few years just got sold to a new owner. I spoke with the new owner today and we discussed the sale of the property and my future to hunt on it. He is at least going to let me hunt it during Archery season but, come muzzleloader my season is going to come to an end. I guess that only have 11 more days left in my season and to top it all off the new owner and his son are more than likely going to kill the monster 8pt. that I have been watching all this time. What the hell is the average person supose to do who can't afford land? Perhaps my hunting career is over for good.

The Deer Destroyer 11-03-2008 04:10 PM

RE: Very bad news!

I would just keep asking around. A few years ago my dad and I lost some hunting property due to a new owner also buying it. They don't hunt or allow people to hunt. We finally got permission to hunt almost right across the street 2 years later. After we lost that land, we only had our property to hunt, and we kinda over hunted it. I was glad to get another spot to hunt so the same thing wouldn't happen again.

Dopler 11-03-2008 04:11 PM

You've got 11 days to get that buck. He didn't have to give you the time--use it and have a positive mindset.

Lease land, it's a greatoption for people on a budget.

TexasBowHunter 11-03-2008 04:12 PM

I feel your pain, here in Texas, you either have to buy hunting ground or lease it....There is no such thing as just getting permission to hunt unless you are a really good friend of the owner here.....It is all about the all mighty dollar (big business)!!!!You might have to lease some land to hunt!!!! Do they haveleases/clubsthatyou could get on in NC????

SouthernMDArchers 11-03-2008 04:18 PM

Hey I deal with almost the exact same thing. I hunt property and the landowners muzzle loader and shotgun hunt. I basically have the woods to myself during bow season. You may not think this is a good thing but I bet it makes you a better hunter.

You will spend more time reading deer sign and figuring out how to tag that big buck before the bullet slingers show up))). I know I spend the extra time needed to ensure I have my buck down each year before they show up.

Dave

wis_rifle_hunter 11-03-2008 04:30 PM

go into a lease or find some public ground

MartinJaguarArcher 11-03-2008 05:08 PM

Yeah at least I do have my archery season left. I have hunted on public game lands before and they are just to far away. I also used to share a hunting lease with farmcuntry but, agian it was killing me in gas to drive so far. The perfect thing about the land I have been hunting is that it is attached to my property and so close. How would someone go about finding a hunting lease that is close by? What is a fair price per acre? Any extra info. would be much appreciated. Like most of you hunting season is the highlight of the year for me and without it I am lost. Thanks guys for listening.

BigJ71 11-03-2008 05:19 PM

Sorry about you loosing your hunting spot, but keep your chin up and keep looking for new land. You are far too young to giveup on your "hunting career".