Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SONIC PRO broadhead..WORK >

SONIC PRO broadhead..WORK

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SONIC PRO broadhead..WORK

Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM

Default SONIC PRO broadhead..WORK

I have had these sonics a year already, didnt get to use them last year. Well I finally connected saturday evening. I was using a 100g sonic pro head. I shot a 170lb 3 point, actually quartering way away from me, almost rear end first. I had practiced 40-50-60 yard shots everyday I could, so i was confident, and since (the irony of the story) I missed him at 10 yards, I wanting to prove myself. I let it go and it entered right in between the last ribs, through the lung and part of the heart, and out the front brisket between the shoulders. He ran maybe 45 yards and crashed. This little baby put about a 2 inch hole on exit and a 2.5 inch hole on entry. Get this, I cleaned the broadhead up and put it back together, and its just a little dull, still sharp and still in tact. I am a firm FIRM believer now!! doubted them at first, but not now. nothing taste better than a little backstrap and some tenderloin. lol
Old 11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SONIC PRO broadhead..WORK

I have the sonicshead this year too.. Didn't connect but with antelope archery I did let a few arrows go and the head were more than fine with the expected edge damage..

When I searched this forum last year for info on the heads, there was way more opinions and speculation on the robustness of the heads and not much direct experience like what you've posted..

I am a believer too.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOVE THE SONICS! They fly great !I was impressed w/ the penetration, I got on two nice deer last year w/ the 125s. Im using the 100s this year, and I have every confidence in them.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:16 PM

The one thing that makes my story even better is, the broadhead I used was the one that they sent me for free!!!! Nothing like proving you have the best product than sending out a free one!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

I've taken 4 deer with my Sonics over the last 3 years and have had great success. Over the years I've used Thunderheads and Muzzys as well but like a lot of others I like to try new things every now and then. The 6 pt I shot last week made it only 50 yds before expiring in the cut corn field I was hunting. And I agree the entry and exit holes are impressive for such a small broadhead.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does anyone have any blood trail photos with a sonic, being that they are so small I have reluctant of using them, im afraid the blood will be sparse.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

i had bad luck with their freebie...actually sent 2 because the first one they sent was duller than could be...the 2nd one they sent wasnt much better.

i had trouble keeping the blades together and square....and then the tips would fold over...wouldnt expect that with them being thick little buggers....and they are tiny and didnt fly very consistant for me...while i was shooting great with muzzys and rocky mnt premiers.

i too would like to see holes and blood trails from them....i just cant see a tiny broadhead like that punching a huge hole on a broadside shot......
Old 11-06-2008, 11:02 PM

I will post a picture from my phone of the entry hole....it isnt very clear..but you can see by the size of my fingers how big the whole ended up being.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:06 PM

here you go...i didnt get a picture of the exit hole, but it was a quartering away hard shot and it went in right at the back of the ribs and all the way through and came out the front between the shoulders, in the briskit....just 100 gr.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:07 PM

im also sure the hole would have been alot bigger if the it was just a good ole fashioned broadside shot...but things just dont happen like they do on TV