HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Scent-Lok or Scent-Blocker???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271483-scent-lok-scent-blocker.html)

wjbsmith 11-03-2008 12:01 PM

Scent-Lok or Scent-Blocker????

Just wondering which one of these you perfer??? I am wanting to buy me some type of scent control camo and need some help deciding!!!

bcvd45 11-03-2008 12:04 PM

RE: Scent-Lok or Scent-Blocker????

I would go with scent lok...but i really think either would be fine.

cooter144 11-03-2008 12:09 PM

Neither

Dopler 11-03-2008 12:17 PM

Save your money, buy a good pair of knee high rubber boots instead to cut thescent trial you leave in the woodsand plan your entry into your stand with the wind in mind. Try to spook as fewdeer as possible entering and exiting your stand and never hunt a stand when your wind is blowing into the area you're hunting. Also, most guys overhunt stands way too much. Diversify stand locations and try to hunt them sparsely with longperiods of restbetweenvists. That's the best scent control strategy you can employ.

muzzyman88 11-03-2008 12:18 PM

I'm sure this will open up a can of worms, but I don't use either, and will not. I believe the stuff is a gimmick. Carbon does absorb odor, but I don't think carbon based clothing can absorb enough of it to be effective, at least not for very long.

Here is something I'd like to know about this stuff. If it does in fact absorb odor so well.....does that mean that when I buy it, its already half aborbed? It's hanging on the racks at every sporting goods store you walk into. People are walking buy it, some wearing colognes and perfums, touching it, trying it on, etc. I would think that it would need to be in a sealed package to be considered "fresh".

In my opinion, save your money and buy a good set of warm, comfortable clothes and hunt the wind. I believe you'll be further ahead.

peakrut 11-03-2008 12:32 PM

10 page fight fella's at the end of 10 pages I will determine a winner.
Germ you get the honors of wearing a bikini for the boys between
pages.

burniegoeasily 11-03-2008 12:38 PM

How about; Play the wind and save your money.

Black Stick 11-03-2008 12:48 PM

I have never used either one, but I would have to go with Scent Blocker because it is made in Minnesota. Right now, I just hang my camo outside the night before.

MikeyL24 11-03-2008 03:15 PM

They are both really good products. I happen to prefer Scentblockers structure better and the bells and whistels it comes with.

Since I became a scent nut, I still have yet to be fully busted by a deer in scentclothing, with all the extras, boots, spray, etc. I have had deer become edgy downwind, but never busted as before I started using. I honestly, don't worry too much about the wind direction most of the time. To each their own I guess.

Black Stick 11-03-2008 03:18 PM

That must be nice.