HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Double Lung or Heart? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271401-double-lung-heart.html)

Hoytail Hunter 11-03-2008 03:43 AM

Double Lung or Heart?

This is not a thread about which is easier to obtain. There's an obviousanswer to that depending on the angle of the deer. But, If you could be guaranteed of one or the other, which would it be? And if you care to... why?

im ocd 11-03-2008 04:49 AM

RE: Double Lung or Heart?

A pass through shot with either, I'll find the deer.

MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER 11-03-2008 05:12 AM

I'LL TAKE BOTH HOWS THAT????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!;);)

Cougar Mag 11-03-2008 05:34 AM

If I were guaranteed? I'd take the heart shot in a minute because it will not go as far. Both are assured kills.

Schultzy 11-03-2008 05:39 AM

I'll take the double lung shot, easier to hit- bigger target! Heart shot Is a quicker recovery most of the time but a double lung shot Is twice the size almost.

Either one Is a great shot regardless.

2FNSLO 11-03-2008 06:42 AM

My second bow kill ever was a big doe from 3 yards in front of me. I nicked the spine, took out one lung and also hit the heart. She dropped in her tracks and expired in just under 60 seconds.
So if you had an option for spine, heart, and one lung I would have voted that way!

twildasin 11-03-2008 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'll take the double lung shot, easier to hit- bigger target! Heart shot Is a quicker recovery most of the time but a double lung shot Is twice the size almost.

Either one Is a great shot regardless.
I am not sure both are the most lethal but in my experience is the true double lung deer only go about 40 yards and pile up! A heart shot Ive had them go up to 150-200 yards.;)Anyways i prefer a double lung

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-03-2008 06:57 AM

If I could shoot the perfect arrow every time it would take out the top of the heart because that shot also takes out both lungs. In fact, it difficult to get the heart without connecting with the lungs.

That said, all archers should be concentrating on the lungs, bigger target with more room for error. The heart alone leaves for bad results if one is too far forward. IMO.

Schultzy 11-03-2008 07:08 AM

That said, all archers should be concentrating on the lungs, bigger target with more room for error. The heart alone leaves for bad results if one is too far forward. IMO.
I agree 100%!

BobCo19-65 11-03-2008 07:10 AM

I'l shoot at the heart (especially from an elevatedstand), but if I hit lungs, I'm still happy.