HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My Halloween Buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271376-my-halloween-buck.html)

MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER 11-02-2008 08:31 PM

My Halloween Buck

Lets set this up. We got 10 inches of snow on wed the 27th of Oct i couldn't go out until the 30th in afternoon. Went out on the 30th and saw nothing except a bed (melted snow). So i figured i would give this spot another try on halloween. Well Friday came and i found it to 23 degree on the way to the woods. The snow was crunching in every step so it took me forever to get there. as I got to my tree i had kept my climber attached to the tree. As i was seting out a set of hawks. (buck kill from someone else)I saw foot prints in my tracks from the prevous days hunt i felt good that i would at least see some deer. after i was up in the tree i did a rattle squence, with grunt tube. waited 20 minutes roughly and i did it again, this time i also used a doe heat estros can call 4/5 tips. As I was looking in front of me, I turned to my left / behind me. I saw movement it was a deer. It moved behind a tree. Put the binos up to look and saw that it was a Buck. A good Buck, he then came in looking and smelling. I slowly grabbed my bow and got ready. He came straight in on me to about 25 yards. He turrned to his left / my right. I drew and he stopped behind a little tree with twiggs. i knew he was under 20 yards now but no shot. I held and waited 30 seconds maybe, he moved forward and behind a tree with a "V" in it right where the "V" showed his vitals. I put the 20 pin on him and let it fly.
I heard something i LOVE to hear "THWACK". He ran off to about 40 yards and started to walk with his tail flicking. He walked maybe 10 more yards behind a group of trees and stopped. i could not see him. then after a few seconds i heard a thump on the snow. I thought to myself that sounded like him hitting the ground. I lowered my bow and back pack. started to climb down, i turn the climber to the side and looked over to where i thought he was, i put the bino's up and looked and there he laid DEAD!!!! I gave out a load "YES THANK YOU GOD"

13 YARD SHOT HE RAN ABOUT 50 YARDS
0742 am- Double lung shot!!!!
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET PICS UP/ I DIDN'T WANT TO GET SACKED PUNCHED FOR NO PICS MAN LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D

Schultzy 11-02-2008 08:33 PM

RE: My Halloween Buck

Here ya go! Congratulation's!!! Beautiful looking buck!!

mcagney014 11-02-2008 08:34 PM

Congrats on a fine buck! Halloween sure is friendly to many bowhunters out there...

PreacherTony 11-02-2008 08:35 PM

AWESOME JOB CHRIS!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Mikey S. 11-02-2008 08:40 PM

10" of snow ?!?!?! I'm so jealous.....:D I'd loooooooooove to wack a PA buck in the snow! Never get any in my part of the state.

Good buck man!

pwrsrtk350 11-02-2008 08:41 PM

Great buck man, Congrats!

solocamcan 11-02-2008 08:41 PM

Trade you that snow for our 75 degrees in IL:D

Scott/IL 11-02-2008 08:43 PM

Snow?

I got a tan on the stand today...congrats on a very nice deer.

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-02-2008 08:48 PM

That is fantastic Chris, absolutely fantastic and good job on the photos getting up. (man law).

I've always wanted to take one in the snow with a bow. I've done it with flintlock but never with a bow. Absolutely perfect. Congratulations. How'd CJ do with the news and all?

TexasBowHunter 11-02-2008 09:09 PM

Great buck brother.....Congratulations to you !!!!