Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Hit Need Tracking/Shot plaacement Help? Update page 3 pics >

Deer Hit Need Tracking/Shot plaacement Help? Update page 3 pics

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Hit Need Tracking/Shot plaacement Help? Update page 3 pics

Old 11-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Hit Need Tracking/Shot plaacement Help?

That's quite a drive. Hope you find him. Sorry you're not closer.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help guys. Ill leave some feedback tomorrow. It was just a poor call on my part. One of the last seconds before dark just got excited, and really shouldnt of took the shot when he was walking. If I dont find him trust me I wont try making that shot ever again.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Is Iowa a legal dog tracking state? I don't see any trackers listed for IA but there are several for IL and I'm not sure how close they are.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Im not sure. But the DNR is pretty thick in the neighborhood. We got checked going in the woods tonite. Ever since that big 270" was shot the DNR has been thick in a 150 mile radius. Im about 30 miles from where he was shot. It should be easier too find some more blood in the daylight. Now im just worried about the temp 60 low.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you made the right decision by waiting till tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I think it really depends. That is exactly where I hit my buck last week, and some of the other members feel that I caught a major artery with my rage broadhead because he didnt make it 90 yards. For the first 50 yards there wasn't that much blood as the arrow was still in him. AFter that it really opened up and he had been dead for a while when I recovered him an hour later. I had caught the liver and I think they were right with the major artery because when I first opened him up, he was completely full of blood in the cavity.

Good luck.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Spike

Correct me if i am wrong, but isnt there a spot called (no mans land, Void area) if you hit them there they will live and you can get a crack at him later...Hope you find him if not i hope you hit him in no mans land
Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, you shot him off the ground right? So your not going to have the downward angle, there is a good chance you either got liver or you did in fact hit that "void" being a straight away shot like that. Hope you find him. Good Luck
Old 11-03-2008, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not encouraging anybody to take a slow moving shot but if you do have the proficiency to do so, aim about a foot forward of where you want the arrow to hit. By the time the arrow reaches the deer, it'll hit further back right where you want it. Then again, if you had the proficiency to do so, you wouldn't need the tip.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you hit the liver he shouldn't be to far. Are there allot of thickets where your at? if so he is probably in there somewhere. How far was your shot? I'm surprised you didn't get a pass throe unless you hit bone. Are you shooting low poundage? GL, I hope you find him.

Quick Reply: Deer Hit Need Tracking/Shot plaacement Help? Update page 3 pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.