HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   First buck with a bow!!!(Kinda Long) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271334-first-buck-bow-kinda-long.html)

MOhunter46 11-02-2008 06:23 PM

First buck with a bow!!!(Kinda Long)

WOW what a day. Its started by me getting in my stand about 30 min before daylight and this was my first huntusing a climber. At about 8 o clock a doe pops out at about 40 yards in front of me. She kept looking over to the right and sure enough he steps out at about 60 yards and let me tell you when i saw him the whole tree started shaking. So the doe starts heading my way with the buck behind her. She get to about 5 yards and looks up right at me so im pinned down and hes about 30-35 yards out. Well she kinda spooks but dosen't blow. He starts turning broadside so i draw, he clears some trees, i "maaa" at him, settle my pin and release. When i realeased i lost sight of the arrow cuz the sun was at my back but i was blood come out of his side and he mule kicked. I waited an hour and went and got my arrow. Had bright red blood on it and the blood trail easy to follow. We followed it about 300 yards and it started running out so we backed out at about 11o clockor so. Came back at about 1 and couldnt find anything. We were a LONG ways from last blood and all of a sudden my aunt looks down and just happened to find some blood. We follow it and sure enough we find him by a pond bank 3/4 miles from where i shot him. What happened was i aimed with my 20 yard pin and he was actually 25-30 so i shot low and got 1 lung. Im not proud of the shot but im proud of the deer, here he is:

MOhunter46 11-02-2008 06:25 PM

RE: First buck with a bow!!!(Long)

another

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-02-2008 06:30 PM

Fantastic job on the recovery and fantastic first buck with a bow.

Nice job. You should have the bloody arrow in the quiver. ;)

hammerman 11-02-2008 06:33 PM

Great buck! Congrats!!

Rory/MO 11-02-2008 06:34 PM

Awesome buck, congrats!

MOhunter46 11-02-2008 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Fantastic job on the recovery and fantastic first buck with a bow.

Nice job. You should have the bloody arrow in the quiver. ;)
LOL, there wasent a lot of blood on the arrow but theres was a TON of blood on the ground, kinda weird to me. Thats why it looks like there is no blood on my arrow

TexasBowHunter 11-02-2008 06:50 PM

Great buck brother...Congratulations to you!!!!

GregH 11-02-2008 06:54 PM

Nice first buck! A clean 10 pointer! I want one of those!! Congrats.

WV Hunter 11-02-2008 06:55 PM

Thats a really nice buck, congrats and great job recovering him! :D

The Deer Destroyer 11-02-2008 07:19 PM

RE: First buck with a bow!!!(Kinda Long)

Congrats on your 1st buck with a bow!:DBow hunting is the best.