Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally done!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Finally done!

Congrats - dr pepper works everytime! LOL
Old 11-02-2008, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG on a fine buck. Sounds like you have one hell of a day. Those are the days we dream of having. Congrats
Old 11-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Site Buck Guru

Nice buck, congrats.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, fantastic! That is what I am talking about...congratulations.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations, good one.
Chris
Old 11-02-2008, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a nice buck.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

congrats on nice Va buck bud! sounds like a great day. You gotta quit that smokin though ![:'(]
Thanks Landon, coming from you is a compliment. This deer was taken by an adjacent piece that I didnt get a chance to show you and Eric. Its kind of hidden out of the way with thick cedars with few open hardwood areas. By the way, I had the smoke because I took my last Grizzly dip an hour earlier.

The rut is on big time in these woods. I had two tinks wicks hanging and dropped him two feet from the one he had scented. He was in full stride, not even turning his head or lookin up after about a 5 minute session of rattling, grunting and scrapin a set of antlers from last year on my tree.

After callin a buddy to help me pull him out I was heading to the dirt road and jumped two more less than 40 yrs from where mine was laying...both medium sized bucks. The nice thing about mine was he was at least 5 yrs old judging by his teeth and head coloring. he would have been a perect 10 if he hadnt recently broken one about a 1/2 inch from his left beam. His glands were soakin wet and he was ready for some action when he met his demise. I shot straiht down through his spine and heart shot him. Dropped where he was.

You need to come up and get some huntin while the rut is in full swing this month. That 10 point I arrowed and tracked through the night was almost as big. Since I was way lost and had no more light left I built a fire and sat and listened to some serious action. A few I heard running through the woods sounded like elephants, and where I ended up was a place I had not scouted. Tons of rubs, scrapes and trails.

Get your arse up here and get you one, I have several on film that are in the area and just gettin fatter. Its almost like the acorn mast has disappeared. Either the quirrrels have gotten all the goodies or their pallates have changed for green stuff. Both my plots are full about 30 minutes before sundown. I have three nice stands on trails entering the field with plenty of vision for the alphalfa and clover.

Brett....come get you some! JoeyG is the only other hunter on here that has hunted this piece and knows it well. It seems that its the only sanctuary they have for a few miles without dogs. The big creek keeps them on the other side!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck. Congrats.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck Jeff. Congrats brother!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:53 PM

Did you run your hands in the wound of the deer?
Lol way much blood n you mate... Nice Deer BTW !

Quick Reply: Finally done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.