HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   RATTLED in my first this morning (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271181-rattled-my-first-morning.html)

bloodcrick 11-01-2008 07:26 PM

RATTLED in my first this morning

But unfortunantly it was a whopping 50"er four point [&:]He came in at 50 yards first, then paced back and fourth looking at the base of my tree until he was 18 yards :DI have never had any luck with rattling until the tweener walked in today,,,neat, but not what im looking for. any one else had any luck with the horn..?????

goherd1111 11-01-2008 07:30 PM

RE: RATTLED in my first this morning

I rattled in a 140"-150" 10 point this evening to a mere 15 yards. However, he never took the "3 more" steps he needed to, to get into my shooting lane. [:@] Oh well I will be back at it tomorrow.

Rob/PA Bowyer 11-01-2008 08:36 PM

I have rattled in bucks in PA but I'd bet I've pushed more way. I rely on the grunt calls first. If nothing else when I see one I'll rattle as a last resort only.

I've had a couple charge in for a fight and some sneak in. I even rattled one back when I missed it years ago with my finger bow and I rattled with the aluminum arrow off the riser and stabilizer. I read it once, thought what the hell and did it, yeah, I missed him the second time as well.

Deleted User 11-01-2008 08:47 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

jim1966 11-01-2008 08:49 PM

I did some rattling to. A buck came flying out of the woods.

3 dogs chasing it. Lol. Getting tired of the dogs. That makes 5 different dogs so far this year out there.

125py 11-01-2008 08:51 PM

if there is not a lot of movement i will rattle or if a shooter gets out of range i might softly rattle to get him in range

RackLuster 11-01-2008 09:49 PM

I haven't had any luck ratttling bucks in this year. but, this morning i snort wheezed at a 4 point and he came running in! I couldn't believe it. he kind of hung up at 70 yards so I snort wheezed again and he came in again!! he got within about 50 yards. before heading into a thicket. that is the very first time i've ever tried it at a deer too. it's tough to pull them in bow range when they don't see a deer making the noise.

Schultzy 11-01-2008 09:56 PM

I rattled one In so far this year In northern Mn on some state land. He was right around 115" or so. I was on the ground when he came In at 15 yards, pretty exciting!! Rattling has been very good to me. Last year It got me my 140 1/8" buck. I've rattled In I'm guessing at least 20 bucks In 20 years of doing It. More people should do It IMO.

Congrats to you Dan, It's neat Isn't It!!??:D

RIStrutStopper 11-01-2008 10:11 PM

Tried rattling for the first time tonight. Nothing came in, unless you count squirrels...