Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Signs of Illinois Rut >

Signs of Illinois Rut

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Signs of Illinois Rut

Old 11-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Signs of Illinois Rut

So are we going to have snow saturday morning? I am going to be in my stand in the morning...
Old 11-07-2008, 09:30 PM

I can't wait. I have the next two weeks off to hunt all day every day.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

I did not make it out this weekend because I was working security for a catholic retreat called Teens encounter Christ, So I got home to late to be able to get up at 4 to go out hunting. But I think that it has been cold long enough that the bucks should be moving around, and I hope that the deer have moved back into my hunting spot because I have not been around. What moon faze is going to make all hell break loose in the woods? I am going out to night after i get out of class at ICC with a friend of mine, he ended up getting an 8point a big Illinois 8point about oct 20th or so.

I am going to try for a buck but in reality I'll be happy with just about anything that comes under my stand.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

So whats every body think here? are we due for a hell of a rut?"

Remember to keep this thread going.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:01 AM

went out 11/7 had a nice 8 with a Doe at 7am downwind of course ... once the wind and the weather stabilizes we should be in for good times! Gotta be this week and next!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Well i am heading out to hunt marhsall county at 2:30. I know there are deer out there but I hope i can see any of them, I know I have said id like to get a big one but, at this point if its brown its down, because I want to fill my tags before shotgun season gets the deer all shook up
Old 11-10-2008, 02:37 PM

TEX,

I think 1st season shotgun is going to be real prime time this year, weather permitting
Old 11-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

We where out on saturday, and well nothing to get excited about. All my buddy and I saw where a couple ofsmall bucks and a total of 6 does all by themselves. We did not see any chasing or any bigger bucks.

Wealso hunted this morning, perfect type weather,I saw 1 doe trotting across a field all by her lonesome. We did spot a few new scrapes that weren't there on Saturday, so that is good news, more good news is they are finally cutting the corn on the property. We won't be back out til this weekend. Hope things start kicking in, getting to be a big bummer not seeing any action this time of the season.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:58 PM

I hunted all weekend and saw next to nothing out of my stand. The stand I hunted is set up specifically to ambush traveling/scent-checking bucks going towards a doe bedding area. I had a few young bucks come by just as I hoped, they just did it about 3 years too early.

I hunted with a friend at a different area Sat. afternoon, and from when I left my trailcam Sat. AM after the morning hunt, till when I went in Sun AM, I had pics of 8 does(3 during legal time) and no bucks.

I have heard good things from a few friends, and I've seen a few good things while on the roads, but my hunting area isn't going crazy like I'd hope.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same here, 3 of us hunted my place all weekend. We saw one good buck coming to a food plot. He winded my buddy and snuck back into the hollow.

Saw a few small bucks harrasing the does. But also saw a lot of does with fawns traveling by themselves.

This weekend might be about time for it to pop.

Quick Reply: Signs of Illinois Rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.