Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The arrogance of some....(sorry for the long vent) >

The arrogance of some....(sorry for the long vent)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The arrogance of some....(sorry for the long vent)

Old 11-02-2008, 06:47 AM

Default RE: The arrogance of some....(sorry for the long vent)

A former dean of students at a local school came to speak at my master's class and said his motto is, "When in doubt, kick 'em out." I think you should embrace this motto as your own in this instance.

Chris
Old 11-02-2008, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like this guy can not put his stands anywhere close to your special areas. If I were him, why would I want to hunt a farm where I can not hunt any of the good spots? If your not around, why are areas off limits? Do you want him to be successful as well? I think I would get the hint and move on without giving you any trouble. Likely say, thanks for all the good years hunting, I will likely be back but, for now I am going to find some other places on other farms. Thanks again and I'll see you another time. I would be respectful and not give you a hard time.

I understand it is your land, you have the right to restrict as much as you want. I feel in bow season here in PA, you can hunt 50 yards from someone and not affect their hunt much. (depending on 50 other factors) To each their own and sounds like you need to get him off the land if you don't like him enough to allow him to hunt close to your spots. I'm not blaming you, just sounds like a bad fit.

f you knew him better and were actually friends, would this be different?

Tell him see ya and you will feel better. Likely he will fel better as well. No one likes hunting and being uncomfortable or stressed.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would kick him off in a heartbeat. Send him a letter certified mail, return receipt explaining why he is to remove his property from your farm. Give him a deadline and if it's not done, then take them down yourself. He can bring the sheriff to gather his belongings as they will be at your house. And if he is caught on the property again for any reason, you will have him arrested for trespassing. Hate to see a fllow hunter lose a hunting spot but he is not respecting your requests and being disrespectful.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the fella can't respect your hunting area on YOUR hunting land, then he has to go....It isn't always nice to have confrontation but it can be done in a amicable way. Turn it on him, let him know that he was asked to move his stands and he couldn't respect that so he needs to get his stuff off of the land and find another place to hunt! Thats how I would handle it.....Best of luck with that situation....
Old 11-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Him walking all over your woods might just be the reason your not getting a crack at old mossy horns, it may not be but with him out of there odds get better, Kick him out for DEER MANAGMENT PURPOSES, he trying to Mananage your deer away from your stands, MANANGE his A** hunting somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 11-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

You tried being nice about it. If it were my families land he would not be there.

Sounds like he's a real jerk.

GIVE HIM THE BOOT!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Spike

Take his stands down, put them by the front gate with a message that he is no longer welcome. I am one to try and work a deal if at all possible with people, but this guy's arrogance has crossed the line. There is no difference from this and letting himput a BBQ pit onto you home property and coming out to BBQ anytime he wanted without asking you first. Would you let him do that?
Old 11-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Don't think twice about it. Send him and his stands on the way.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

omg, screw that guy, what a jerk. I was getting irritated just reading your story. No ifs, ands, or buts. I would tell him to get the "F" out. He has no respect for you on YOUR property. If he doesn't remove his stands, take them down yourself and leave a note with your number and how to get ahold of you so he can take them back, at which point you tell him, "if you are caught on this property again, you will be arrested" Inform the local authorities what has been happening, and that he was warned in a direct manner to please stop trespassing, that way if you call them, they already know what the problem is. best of luck bud.

Shane
Old 11-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't ask him to leave. I would physically ****** him off of the property if it were me. But I have a bad temper and an extremly short fuse but I can tell for certain that if it were me; he would be leaving. I would let him choose if he wanted to go the easy way or the hard way but he would be leaving.

Quick Reply: The arrogance of some....(sorry for the long vent)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.