Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You know what really Grinds my gears. >

You know what really Grinds my gears.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You know what really Grinds my gears.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default You know what really Grinds my gears.

Last year this guy I know we'll say his name is Chris (not his real name) shoots a deer with a muzzle loader in archery season, takes a knife and makes a muzzy stamp on it and parades it around town like Ohh hey look at what I shot. Well, later on (about 8-9 months later) I found out from a friend of mine that he did infact shoot it with the muzzle loader, cause my friend was the one who butcherd it and found pieces of the ball still in the shoulder.... well I freaked out on him and blah blah blah told him if he did it again, me and him. Over.

Well anyhow. Yesterday morning my phone rings, he's like yeah Thursday i hit one had to camp out and hike, I couldnt find it. Well anyhow, I was just like Ohh yeah? shake it off dude it happens. He looked for this deer for along time like 18+hours anyhow. I dont give him props cause he prolly was bumping it all along he's a mr. know it all too. Anyhow. I said whatever shake it off.

nov 1.

My phone rings at around noonish "Dude BBD" as soon as he said that i was like here we go again.... (thinking that to myself) I was like awesome. I diddnt even get excited he was like yeah dude its prolly about a 140. I was like ohh ok. he was like you wanna come over and see it? I was like nope I got a game. He was like ohh ok. Well i'll have it for a little while anyhow. you can stop after your game. I was like yeah. ok.

Now. lets backtrack for a minute.

The guy he hunts with on the same day he crippled the buck shot a 11 point that is a pig about a 130... well I get a call today before my game from my friend. He just got done caping it out for him. and he said to me guess what. I said i dont know what is it bigger?? he said nope. It was a rifle kill.

My bloods boiling at this point im JACKED. Anyhow, while im on the phone with this guy "Chris" calls through I flick over he was like hey should i stop at your house with it iwas like nope. he said ohh ok you wanna meet me sompelace? I said nope. he was like oh well I'm taking it now to the taxidermist. I said K bye and hung up.

Well anyhow. Im about 99.999% sure that he shot it with the rifle..... you wanna talk about me being mad... Ohh you should have seen me after he called freaking out on the guy who I was talking to prior.... GOD does that ever make me mad. Shoot the damn deer with a bow!!!!! it was 25 yards broadside feeding what the hell is wrong with you???

He shot a doe with the rifle also. I was in the same woods as him when he did it I diddnt know he was there though. I heard a rifle shot and was like uhhh.... What the heck was that. When i rolled back out to my truck and was driving out of there, I saw his truck... GOD does that ever make me mad.

sorta just venting. Thanks for the read.

Ryan.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: You know what really Grinds my gears.

Game Warden Anonymous Call
Old 11-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Ditto!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Ditto!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

So Im assuming rifles are illegal/not in season yet? If they are legal to use then you shouldnt be mad, it's their choice. If they did it illegally why havent you called it in? You have no reason to complain if your not willing to do anything about it IMO.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you don't turn them in, you are part of the problem my7point.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

well I freaked out on him and blah blah blah told him if he did it again, me and him. Over.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

As in as far as my friendship with him is over

Rob & vabowman
Send me a pm I have details for you two.
ORIGINAL: buckmaster

well I freaked out on him and blah blah blah told him if he did it again, me and him. Over.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Ryan, didnt we already have a conversation about when the right time to call the police/game warden? DO NOT LET THIS GO! This guy will continue to poach as long as you let him! Heres the number, 1-888-PGC-8001. And you can also e-mail too, http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/webforms/survey.asp?s=CECACDCE83CDCFCE&d=CCCEC9C883CDCF C6

Old 11-02-2008, 11:10 AM

Cmon my7point, you need to call a warden or the police when somthing like this goes down. Why wouldnt you call the warden or the police?

Quick Reply: You know what really Grinds my gears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.