Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question..on P&Y or moral victory.. >

Question..on P&Y or moral victory..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question..on P&Y or moral victory..

Old 10-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Question..on P&Y or moral victory..

This is not to put anyone specific person on the line, it's just a general question. I know bad hits happen to good people, good archers and good hunters, I've been there myself.

That being said, say you stick a qualifying buck and don't find it for a day or more. By the time you find it it's been partially or mostly eaten. Do you feel you deserve the full credit? How does P&Y interpret this?
Maybe on a more individual note, when he's on the wall do you look at him with complete satisfaction? Did you actually complete the task or did, the yote's, bears, wolves or what have you deal the final blow...?

With 2 posts in the last week of finding "remains" I just wonder if I'm on this Island alone....?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Question..on P&Y or moral victory..

i know exactly what you're saying. I know a guy who stumbled across a buck he shot, 3 days after he stopped tracking it.He got it mounted.Too me its not the same.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally would be ashamed to take anything to the taxidermist that the ravens found for me.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

I personally would be ashamed to take anything to the taxidermist that the ravens found for me.
Why???? That is a ridiculous statement!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would be very bitter sweet indeed.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good question there Bob. I'm not 100% sure on what the P&Y says or what the guidelines are on a deal like that. I remember reading something somewhere saying once you give up on that animal all bets are off on putting him In the books (most people would lie I'm sure). Like I said I'm not sure.

As for me putting one In the books- It would have to be found with In a day or 2 I'm thinking for me to put It In the books. Would I still get It mounted If I found It In a 2 to 3 day time? I'd probably just do a European Mount being I wouldn't like the Idea one bit of a different deers hide on my buck, wouldn't seem right one bit to me!! I want my stuff on the wall, not someone elses part of a deer.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Me personally, I wont shoot a buck that's not going to go on the wall. That being said, two years ago I shot a buck a little far back. Went back the next morning, saw him still alive in the same area where I shot him. Had to work that night and the next day. Went back the next morning(2 1/2 days later) and found him eaten up to the neck by coyotes. Unfortunately the cape was unable to be saved, but that deer went on the wall. He wasn't quite p&y but that's the deal I have with the deer I hunt.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Site Buck Guru

I know a guy that shot a B&C non-typical and didn't find it until after the season. After recieving the DNR's blessing and proper tags, he took possesion of it and entered it in B&C as well as had it mounted. It is listed as a FOUND deer by B&C. Bottom line is...... he caused it's death and I think he did the right thing mounting it and entering it. The deer demands respect!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the deer was big enough to go on the wall when I pulled the trigger, I dont care how long it takes me to find it, if I do find it, it is still going on the wall. I dont care if I do have to find a different cape for it.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Matt/PA's recovery of his '07 PA buck is my inspiration right now. I think he recovered him on his third day of looking.

I'm sure he's as proud of that buck as any he's taken.

Quick Reply: Question..on P&Y or moral victory..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.