Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 church and hunting >

church and hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

church and hunting

Old 11-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: church and hunting

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

So one guy leads a christian life......and hunts on Sundays. The other guy is not a good person.....but he takes his wie and kids and dresses them up and parades into the sanctuary every week. HE's the blessed one?
That is weak, Jeff ... NOONE said that!!!!! You running with Obonga??

OK, PT......the part of the Bible I read and the God I worship told me that If I accepted him as my saviour.....he'd take me in. Did I misinterpret?
You can't just take PART of God's Word ... read it all ..... interpretation is irrelevant if you just take what YOU like and discard the rest .... that's what cults do ....

I'm no theological historian.......and I'm no saint. I'm a man who believes that I can hold counsel with my Lord under his roof.....AND....it's a pretty big "roof". Would God rather me be in the woods thinking about my life and him......or in Church thinking about hunting?
God would have you to obey Him ... not you ......

Now, PT....I want you to go back to my original post (and we're friends here, everyone....I'm not calling him out. He's my brother).....and tell me exactly where your post and mine conflict. I see none.
done..... I love ya, Bro ....enough to tell you the truth .....
Old 11-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

You can't just take PART of God's Word ... read it all ..... interpretation is irrelevant if you just take what YOU like and discard the rest .... that's what cults do ....
I'm not the only one picking and choosing, here, PT. God said what I said to me and all. Did he mis-speak? Is the only way thorugh him, or not? If I accept him as my saviour.....will he not accept me into his house of many mansions?

I'm not trying to say that entrance into Heaven is a forgeone conclusion when one accepts Jesus as their saviour. I'm saying God said it was, though.

You (and many others) seem to want to raise the bar whenever someone clears it. What's ever "good enough"? God told me accepting him was my ticket. I believe(d) him. I'm gonna run with it.

if THAT has been done, it is still not "church" .... church is made up of Elders and Deacons and other folks that believe
I thought you said it was where people assemble to worship him??? Now are you interpreting it differently? Or....raising that bar?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a big bunchjerky going right now, so you knowtomorrow will be a better day. And unlike religion everyone loves jerky.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

We see it ALL the time.....people intimidated by things they either refuse to or cannot comprehend. Gay-bashing.....racism.....religion. Just because the "other guy" isn't doing it the way you think God wants him to.......it doesn't mean he isn't doing it in a manner acceptable (or heck....even preferred) by God. I'm not speaking to you directly, Tony. I trust you know that.
see the bold, Jeff ... I see you as doing just that ...... your words fit what I believe ALL non believers do ...
Old 11-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Fellas think about what he did for you, and now think about how easy it is to go to church. Grace is a hard concept for many to understand, check it out its what christianity is all about. I agree you dont have to go to church to be a christian, but i cant reason with myself to find something more important.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

So now I'm associated with "all non-believers"? I don't think he'd be proud of you interpreting our relationship, Tony. Mybe not understanding it would suffice....but judging it .....I don't think he'd be high on.

There are many religious sects that have differing views of what it takes to enter God's kingdom. Do you feel the same towards other Christians....even though they worship the same God you worship?

We see it ALL the time.....people intimidated by things they either refuse to or cannot comprehend.
Tony....why is it "I" who is not comprehending?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

My "problem" with Christians today....is the belief by some of themthat the only place to worship is in Church. What is "Church"? Can it be abstract? Does it really matter what you think?

I'm with Schulty. I pick and choose my times to have my talks.....and I'd rather be in his back yard when we do so.

What troubles me about religious "conflicts" (i.e. should I hunt or go to Church?; Miss a Sunday @ Church?; etc...) is the utter hypocrisy of it all. Our son used to go to Christian School (still goes to Church, there)....and they would preach how ANY alcohol was dreadfully sinful. Ditto some music of today (including some that might surprise you). Yet these people are involved in affairs......weigh 300#'s+.......etc.. That sickens me.

Hunting is personal. A man's relationship with God is personal. I wish everyone wouldfocus their energy into tending totheir own relationships.
First time I saw this thread ......

Anyway............ Jeff you can draw up a god and make him look. act and smell anywayYOU want ....in fact you did with the above post ...... but that isn't the TRUE God ...... I wouldn't want a god like some of you guys have ....one that is whatever an individual wants him to be ....that is not a god at all ...actually, that thought process makes YOU god ..YOU are the creator ....YOU make the rules .......and by the way, that makes God fallibel, since YOU are not perfect .....no thank you!!!!

There is ONE TRUE GOD .....and He has given us a rule book ....The Holy Bible. You see, some guys on here believe in a God that is ALL powerful, ALL knowing, ALL present .... a God that could have over 40 imperfect human writers who were led by a perfect God to pen and assemble a Book that will NEVER be done away with!! It has stood the test of time and has NEVER been proven wrong. There is ONE TRUE GOD .....There is ONE WAY TO HEAVEN ....... ONE .....The Lord Jesus Christ...it's all in the Book

Some of you need to humble down and ask God if He would open your eyes to His Word, the Bible .....you need to put your trust in The Lord Jesus Christ .......or there is an eternal hell fire waiting for you that was prepared ....not for you, but for the devil and his angels .....ask God if what this Preacher says is true ...believe that He is big enough to speak to your heart .... He will.....if YOU let Him
Tony knows the Lord and there is NO DOUBT in my mind that what he speaks is true. NO DOUBT. I used to think like some of you on here. It took alow point in my life for me to swallow my pride, get down on my knees, and ask Jesus to come into my heart and take over my life this last Aug. I thought the worse thing had happened in my life, until God's grace showed me it was the best time in my life once I accepted him and turned my life over to him. He transformed my thoughts and actions. I used to not understand what people meant when they referred to born again. You are truly a new person. The old is discarded and you have become a new person, cause Jesus lives in your heart. It cahnges you immediately.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not the only one picking and choosing, here, PT. God said what I said to me and all. Did he mis-speak? Is the only way thorugh him, or not? If I accept him as my saviour.....will he not accept me into his house of many mansions?

I'm not trying to say that entrance into Heaven is a forgeone conclusion when one accepts Jesus as their saviour. I'm saying God said it was, though.
Your last statement is music to my ears Bro .... I rest on that TOTALLY

You (and many others) seem to want to raise the bar whenever someone clears it. What's ever "good enough"? God told me accepting him was my ticket. I believe(d) him. I'm gonna run with it.
see above

if THAT has been done, it is still not "church" .... church is made up of Elders and Deacons and other folks that believe
I thought you said it was where people assemble to worship him??? Now are you interpreting it differently? Or....raising that bar?
[/quote]

please go back and read definition of a church
Old 11-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Fletch I understand I don't need you or anyone else to approve or disapprove of MY relationship. I don't need your rubber stamp of approval, either.

Maybe it's YOU who doesn't understand MY relationship? That scares a lot of people.....not knowing. I'm fine with it, though.
My original post merely pointed out that to say "I" dont need to go to church... is a cop-out. (to me). YOU jumped on it like a cat on a mouse. So whose approval were you looking for? I hope not mine. Not sure why you wouldthink it necessaryto even bring it up. Its not about my approval or anyone else here. You better look far beyond anyone here. There's only one rubber stamp you need and I couldnt care less how you get it. Thats up to you. But it doesnt come without effort, that much I fully understand and the directions are clear. I wish you a successful journey in faith.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:17 AM

Good post guys. Its good to see people speaking of god in a public forum anymore at all. They want to take him out of our Pledge and off our money whats next?. My wife and I have been working on getting back into a church we can both be happy with. We were raised in about as differant typre churches as you can be. I was raised Church of Christ she as a penticostal.. Far stretch between those 2. But we both believe in and love god. We have been working on finding a church for a while now. We want to give our kids every chance to know god and help them with the decisions on how to live their lives.. We started going to an AOG church and like parts of it others differs from my beliefs.. So I ask you all this. Is it better to stay away completly from church or better to take from it what you can ? The bible clearly states certain things that you can find something wrong with any church if you look .. All of them seem to have their own beliefs on what one bible says.. So I say if you are closer to God in the woods then man pray away.. Who am I or anyone else to say you are wrong? I know myself I feel closer out there than in a church I dont fully agree with.. But I do agree we should get together with other people to worship god and have fellowship. Just read the bible and follow your beliefs and stay within the guidlines you should be fine.. Just my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.