Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Halloween Rob Buck Down. (More pics pg 14) >

Halloween Rob Buck Down. (More pics pg 14)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Halloween Rob Buck Down. (More pics pg 14)

Old 11-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Halloween Rob Buck Down.

Rob, congrats onthat buck. What a Hoss.

Paul
Old 11-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
BigJ71 how's the healing, thanks my big friend.
I'm healing just fine....don't worry about me, enjoy that big ole buck my friend!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even though I got to see this buck and congratulate the man in person, it just wouldn't be right if I didn't say it here too. Congrats buddy. Couldn't be happier for ya. And now, I have a caller/ cameraman.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

great buck, what a horse

congrats!!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:25 AM

Rob,

first off a big congrats. I showed my son Nick the pictures and his comment was " dang Dad, that thing would be a pain to drag". I laughed and told him " Yes son it would be but you could handle it" LoL..........I think he understood my meaning.

Once again, Congrats.

Dave
Old 11-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob-Congrats on a GREAT buck! I love the character of his rack. It sounds like one incredible hunt.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 AM

Wow what a super "ROB BUCK", Rob!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:52 AM

Congrats Rob, thats an awesome buck! Great story as well!
Old 11-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Rob congrats on a great buck. Did you take any pictures of the entry wound? Aiming at the last rib, leads me to believe that the arrow would have done a lot of damage on its way to the lungs. Just currious what yound while gutting him?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

NY Bowhunter, good to hear, heal quickly.

MGH PA, thanks and sounds like your onto them, keep at it, it's getting good. Any vacation? I have some spots that are still fresh, it could happen any day just like mine yesterday.

Big John, thanks my seldom posting friend. How's your season going? I thought maybe you'd come out of hiding for this one. Good luck if your still at it, the next two weeks are going to be good.

HuntingEd, KCMO Cityboy, ScottF2345, NCRemington700, thanks so much.

sr77, thank you and actually nobody asked. He went about 40 yards uphill and that's where I thought he was going to crash, he gave that wobble/frantic look and then disappeared down the drainage. At that point he probably covered another 30 yards as the death run.

Surf62, thanks, I'm thankful Brian came to help, even with the atv I wasn't sure how I would have gotten that Hoss onto the front and tied down. Sometimes I forget how friggin big a buck can be. 200lbs isn't alot but when it's dead weight like a buck, it sure can be.

BigJ, that's good news and I am concerned. Heal fast buddy. I'm coming your way next Saturday if not sooner so hide the women and sheep.

Ben, well...you know.

dmen, thanks man.

SouthernMDArchers, thank you. See above reply about dragging lol, what a heavy chore once they are down. I just had to shoot a wrong way model, he could have run back the way he came and that would have saved half the work. LOL

Brett/IL formerly rdy2hunt. Thanks bro.

Thank you Predator19 you too Finchy.

rookie, I said to Brian I should take a pic of the entry hole (actually your the first to ask) then I forgot. Keep in mind I shoot Snypers and the entry was probably 2.5" wide, there was no exit wound but the blood was incredible once it pumped out the high wound. That explains why no blood at the impact. Upon gutting it, the liver was severed, both lungs were deflated and the was a slice in the heart. The broadhead was imbedded in the brisket/chest dead center between the legs. I could not pull the arrow out, I unscrewed it from the broadhead and can you believe that damn aluminum is still straight. It's the same one I shot my doe with and now this buck. I'm going to clean it up again, shoot it to be sure and it's going to be my number one arrow.

I found the broadhead in the brisk/chest after skinning him out.

Quick Reply: Halloween Rob Buck Down. (More pics pg 14)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.