Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you deal with it? >

How do you deal with it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you deal with it?

Old 10-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default How do you deal with it?

I stuck by buck two weeks after opener and I have no tag left. The leaves are all off the trees now and I can't go gun or bow hunting since our new one deer limit took effect last year. Sometimes I get the shakes at work thinking about it or while watching the Outdoors channel. I've never had this problem before. How do you guys with a one deer limit or that tag out way too early cope? Uh, oh. I think I'm getting the shakes again. I'm half thinking about getting my buddy who doesn't hunt to grab one of my shot guns and sit with me in my buddy stand so we can party hunt together with "his" tag next weekend. Though legal, doesn't seem right to me and so perhaps I'll head out without weapon and take pictures from the stand.

P.S. I pinged outfitters in that forum for anyone looking for a doe hunter this year and haven't responded to any yet. Thanks to all those guys for their offers. I will look into that soon and get back to you.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How do you deal with it?

One tag area's suck big time!![:@] It's been like that here for 2 or 3 years straight now.

How do I cope with It? I hold out until mid December and If I'm still buckless after that the doe's will catch heck then. Last year I hunted a total of 4 hours (2 sits). I got my buck (140") on my 2nd sit October 24th. It was one long season after that on the couch. I didn't like It but at least I had a nice buck.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Having dealt with 1 buck tag all my life, what happens after maturing through the process of taking manybucks, is you find yourself to selective. You pass on bucks you probably should shoot, all for whats behind the unknown door #3.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont shoot the first litte 1.5 or 2.5 yr old that walks by and that seems to help me stay out in the woods later in the year and not tag out early...although if a nice 3.5 or 4.5 yr old waked by on opening day then i would be just fine with tagging out
Old 10-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

What Minnesotadeer Is trying to say here guys Is that him and also I only get one tag period. Not just one buck tag but one tag all together. We shoot a doe, were done for the year.

Like I said earlier In my post Minnesotadeer, your just going to have to be more picky.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have a 1 buck rule here in Indiana. My original plan this year was to stick the first big doe that walked by. As it turns out I got a buck first....and now it's tough to go out knowing I can't shoot another buck. I go out mainly to enjoy the outdoors, and to help my friends. I also have the piece of mind knowing I got a nice one, and now I can just take some pics until a nice doe walks past.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Understood..and we do have the option of 2 doe tags. In my lifetime, I've killed 2 doe. If Itagged out on a buck would I doe hunt?? I guess if I was Jones-ing for some woods time...??
Old 10-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I finf myself passing up alot of shots early in the season just because of this. When a deer comes out before the rutt, I ask myself, do I really want to shoot this one, and then not be able to hunt the rutt?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my lifetime, I've killed 2 doe
Wow!! That's something!! You buck killer you!!![8D]
Old 10-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

In my lifetime, I've killed 2 doe
Wow!! That's something!! You buck killer you!!![8D]
Nah nothing like that..just an old school up-bringing, every year I say I'm gonna change, and then a doe comes into the shooting lane and I find a reason not to shoot, "Did she just look back??"...this year I'll lay one down.

PS not to date myself but the 1st of the 2..was some 29 years ago ...wow!

Quick Reply: How do you deal with it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.