Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 local archery shop story.... irratating >

local archery shop story.... irratating

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

local archery shop story.... irratating

Old 10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default local archery shop story.... irratating

Ok so a long story short.. I visited a local archery shop for my lunchbreak. I see a guy asking about the2 blade broad heads and is saying that he lost all 3 of his other broadheads 2 days ago. Apparently he shot a doe and said it ran about 100 yards.. He waited for an hour and went in to look. Said the blood was spraying 10 feet on either side of her after the shot and lasted about 20 or so yards.. then a puddle then more spray and so on.... he said when he walked up to her the doe looked back and stood up.. so he shot her again... this time the doe ran even further. He claimed the deer ran for 3 miles leaving the same type of blood trail. come on... a deer spraying 10 feet on either side for 3 miles would have ran out of blood by the first 1/10th of a mile if you ask me...

anyway, he said the final shot was a shot to the face which really pissed me off. he said the deer ran off with the arrow in it's face and he couldn't find it.

what a joke
Old 10-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: local archery shop story.... irratating

some people. If it was bleeding like that it would have been dead in 50 yards. Spraying 10 feet oneither side, ya right. Sounds like a fish story, LMAO
Old 10-31-2008, 01:27 PM

Ahh some people have a need to BS for some reason...forget it, and don't let it bug or ruin your day.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You sure he wasn't hitting the sauce early and having some fun at your expense? [8D]
Old 10-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

God help us all! This is exactly the reason why I am losing hunting properties every year!!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: salty444

Ok so a long story short.. I visited a local archery shop for my lunchbreak. I see a guy asking about the2 blade broad heads and is saying that he lost all 3 of his other broadheads 2 days ago. Apparently he shot a doe and said it ran about 100 yards.. He waited for an hour and went in to look. Said the blood was spraying 10 feet on either side of her after the shot and lasted about 20 or so yards.. then a puddle then more spray and so on.... he said when he walked up to her the doe looked back and stood up.. so he shot her again... this time the doe ran even further. He claimed the deer ran for 3 miles leaving the same type of blood trail. come on... a deer spraying 10 feet on either side for 3 miles would have ran out of blood by the first 1/10th of a mile if you ask me...

anyway, he said the final shot was a shot to the face which really pissed me off. he said the deer ran off with the arrow in it's face and he couldn't find it.

what a joke
HAHAH this is totally funny. Does this guy really expect anyone to believe that crap?
More like he shot at a deer and it ran off.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

I could tell the owner of the shop was just about finished with his story by the look on his face
Old 10-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tomkat08

ORIGINAL: salty444

what a joke
HAHAH this is totally funny. Does this guy really expect anyone to believe that crap?
More like he shot at a deer and it ran off.
Yeah, he probably shot AT a deer, it ran off, he couldn't find his arrow, he got pissed and decided he would make a up a "story" about how he had to shoot a deer 3 times and it still didn't die..........

Some people just need to learn how to say "I missed".......[>:]
Old 10-31-2008, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic
Some people just need to learn how to say "I missed".......[>:]
Or not say anything at all...
Old 10-31-2008, 05:31 PM

i dont know??? my uncle shot a really big buck, the biggest one ive seen in the woods...it was broad side pritty much almost under his stand and he took a shot that went right under the back bone with a spit fire BH...so the deer ran off with about half the arrow in him... then he calls the crew to help track....we find his arrow about 50 yards with a huge pool of blood like a pool.......to make athe story shorter we jumped it, and agin we found huge pool and blood pumped on trees and a huge mess,,,not 10ft but i think i know what he means...well we ended up chasing it 2 towns away...and never recoverd it but the last time we saw it, it was alive.....

Quick Reply: local archery shop story.... irratating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.