Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WOW, what a morning! The rut in MD is oficially on >

WOW, what a morning! The rut in MD is oficially on

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WOW, what a morning! The rut in MD is oficially on

Old 10-31-2008, 08:06 PM

Default RE: WOW, what a morning! The rut in MD is oficially on

Yuppers, Dave is about to hit the sack so he can spend all day hunting. I better see more than squirrels)). Navy, once again push them deer down my way.

Dave
Old 11-01-2008, 09:10 AM

So much for the rut)))) I had a spiker and a forker walk by at 7:20 and 7:35. Both walked within 5 yards of the stand, did not see another deer the rest of the morning. Home for some lunch and to take my boy to his job.

Hope the evening hunt in the south stand goes better. How are things going for you gents?
Old 11-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree! I rattled in a buck last night, and had a buck chasing a doe on wed night... I just need to connect on a decent deer soon! This is getting old, and I'm starting to think I'm a terrible hunter.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:35 AM

Andy, I had a VERY similar morning today. best sit in the woods, ever. It was simply mass chaos. Flip a switch and deer are everywhere. Bucks chasing does in every direction. Saw one, maybe two, BRUISER bucks, definite shooters. Had a small basket rack 8 dog a doe directly under my stand, he spotted me at 4 yards at full draw. He jumped back and turned broadside at 10 yards, I touched the release. My rage opened up on an unseen twig halfway there, and sent the arrow at an awkward angle over his back. he spooked but stopped and walked out of sight once 30 yards out. Later three hens came in fighting, and one puffed up into FULL strut...crazy sit. I normally wouldnt shoot that buck, but I made a commitment that this year I wouldnt pass anything with 8 points, although only 1.5...this one made it. Looking back, im just glad I didnt wound him. Ill give him the slip for the rest of the year now that I have seen some bigger deer in there. He should be looking good next year.

Entire morning filmed in HD too.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've said it many times, Andy. You get on more top quality deer than nearly anyone I know. It's not that you just get a few nice ones every year, but you seem to put alot of your buds on these same quality Bucks! Amazing properties!

That one in the dark is a pig..and I agree with your 2 word commentary! Those exact wordswould have came out of my mouth too, it's kind of a "scoring" system I have.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL thanks Bob, that was actually my buddy, his name on here is Labhunter that made the 2 word comments, he came out that day with me to video. Today I saw 3 bucks in the morning but didnt see any rut activity. One of my buddies that was hunting about 600 yards from me saw all kinds of chasing with a few big boys getting into fights trying to be the man that gets the girl. No shots offered as the only time they were close to him they were running after the Doe. Tonight I only saw 1 Doe and 3 fawns, pretty quiet evening.