Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I HATE MY GUTS!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I HATE MY GUTS!

here's a cautionary tale for my fellow bowhunters....

I've been in the woods everyday so far this season. saw a few does , a spike, a big one i couldnt count and a four pointer. no good shots, so i'm patient.

this morning, around 9am i hear a grunt and here comes a nice six toward my stand. turns broadside at 30 yards, chip shot... i pull the trigger and watch my arrow sail about 2 feet to the left of his chest!!!

deer spooks, and i am ready to puke. on my way out i shoot a stump at 30 yards......yep about 2 feet left!!!

went to the range real quick and sure enough, my sights are totally off. must have slammed it, jarred it, something. ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

With the range being 24 hours, and 10 minutes from my house, i am mad at myself for not checking the bow DURING the season .

So....Check your sights periodically or be a distraught , forlorn loooooser like me!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I HATE MY GUTS!

Been there my friend, bumped it one morning pulling my bow up. Missed the biggest buck I've had in range that day.

Moral of the story - mark your sights.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I am sorry to hear that moose.

Thanks for the reminder.

Hopefully, your next shot opportunity will be on something even bigger, and you'll look back and be glad for today's misfortune.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wallhangr

Been there my friend, bumped it one morning pulling my bow up. Missed the biggest buck I've had in range that day.

Just to add a little to what wallhangr said....Mark everything, sights, peep, rest. etc...

It does happen but these things will help you to see it before you shoot.....I have found the whiteout pens to work well with marking everything and they are easy to see!!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Shoot trad bows and all your problems will be solved.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Very good advice! I shot my bow the other day for the first time since the season started and it was off too. Good thing I haven'ttried to take anythingyet. I think I'm going to mark my sights tonight, that's a good idea.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

ORIGINAL: wallhangr

Just to add a little to what wallhangr said....Mark everything, sights, peep, rest. etc...

It does happen but these things will help you to see it before you shoot.....I have found the whiteout pens to work well with marking everything and they are easy to see!!!!
good idea, fellas! thanks for the sympathy and ideas!

If it was a HUGE 12 point monster, my bow would be at the bottom of the Hudson River rightnow and i'd be droppin 12 hunge on a new setup, LOL.

at least theres THAT to be thankfull for!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

the bow range is 24 hours and 10 minutes from your house??? I am confused. Walmart sells the block.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't you do any practicing during the season? No rip on you, just asking a question.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like he meant it was open 24 hours....and only 10 minutes from the house?!? Correct?

Quick Reply: I HATE MY GUTS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.