Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin Rut

Old 11-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wisconsin Rut

Here in Central Wisco it has been slow-- real slow-- the past couple of days. I haven't seen any chasing at all. The weather has been screwy, though. Lots of rubs popping up. It seems like it's going to be slow into the first part of thisweek. I'll bet next weekend will be a different story.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

I have yet to see any chasing in Jackson Co. Wi. Seeing alot of fawns with does yet.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM

Warm weather shut down any day movement. Trail cams show signs of life just after dark and midnight. I have one series of pics where a buck and doe come in together, the doe comes in to feed on the corn I put in front of the camera, the buck beds down about 15 yards behind her and waits while she eats for about 20 minutes and then they leave together. He never comes in for any of the corn. At least a 2.5 year old buck, big body,might be older but it is tough to tell. Otherwise2 straight days with no chasing here.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt on Friday the 7th Front pushing thru should make for some good hunting. If not just go to the bar and watch hunting shows.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:04 PM

Figures... I have off Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday but have to work all day Friday.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that front will be Thursday you might get some up front movement.
ORIGINAL: Angry Beaver

Figures... I have off Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday but have to work all day Friday.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah everything slowed big time this week with the warm weather here in Southwest wi. Just some scrapes and rubs and a little chasing early last week when it was in the 20's those 2 mornings. Moved my vacation days to next Wednesday and Thursday and will hunt Nov 7-13th. Weather is gonna be crap thursday but come friday I think we will be in business.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to hear everyone is having the same luck as me. I live on a 400 acre farm with 5 stands in central grant county and haven't seen jack since the blustery weather a week ago. I have hunted every morning and evening in November with a fork running by and a doe ran by this morning. Thursday is going to be good if not pouring and the weekend should be fantastic.I have been discouraged. I think I might go golfing this afternoon.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cold snap this weekend should do it
Old 11-04-2008, 03:53 PM

Here in South Central WI we have had some activity. I don't hunt during the week so i couldn't tell you with the warm temps, but last weekends some bucks were out. Rubs, scrapes, we saw a couple cruising and some just feeding through. Around 10 am on saturday im pretty sure we had some chasing though, couldn't get a real good look though. Hopefully with the front coming in this weekend they will be out!

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.