Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin Rut

Old 10-31-2008, 08:11 AM

Default Wisconsin Rut

Where are we at in the Rut? LEt hear what part of the state your in and any activities you have been seeing?
Old 10-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wisconsin Rut

Nothing but some scrapes and rubs in the Neillsville, WI area. Its like all deer activity came to a hault this week.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

I think the warm front turned them off again. Rub, scrapes Iowa,Illinois, Wisconsind border
Old 10-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Spike

rubs and scrapes started last week but this week it seems like everything just bout stoped by me

SW Michigan
Old 10-31-2008, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure about the rutting activity.. Wed. night i went out and had a big 8 pointer walk 55 yards around me and made a rub and then walked another 20 yards over and made a scrape... Havent been out since though and yesterday and today been pretty warm so im sure it set them down a little bit..
Old 10-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

If you're a moon phase hunter, the rut shouldn't peak until about the 17th which is much later than normal. I'm watching this year's rutclosely to make a decision on whether the moon thing is the real-deal or not.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear you on this. This has been a strange month. Here we are Nov 1, I have yet to see any bucks seeking or chasing. Im hearing from a lot of folks they arent seeing much activity either. If this moon thing is right, well I guess it will make a believer out of me. it woudl be good for gun season but crappy for bow season.
ORIGINAL: IAhuntr

If you're a moon phase hunter, the rut shouldn't peak until about the 17th which is much later than normal. I'm watching this year's rutclosely to make a decision on whether the moon thing is the real-deal or not.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Not sure if anything much is happening yet, I had a big buck cruising through the woods at 5 on Thursday nite. But otherwise I have been just seeing the little guys. I did hear of quite a few people shooting good bucks this past week though, that was in central Wisconsin. Should be good in the next couple of days if I had to guess. I would be suprised if it still in full swing by November 17th.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:42 AM

Central WI, near Appleton, little buck was chasing a doe all over this morning (Nov. 1). I've got a trail camera near a doe bedding area and the bucks have been checking it out since Oct 21 at night, finallygot a pic of one entering during the day at 4:00 on the 29th. Friend of the family shot a nice 8 point last night, said it looked like it was searching. Not much else that I've seen.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

here is southern wisconsin i had a awesome 160 inch 10 come out bumping a couple does and grunting loud does wanted no part of it. Lots of small bucks chasing does that are not close at all. have seen fawns with does still as well. Just starting but this weather might haltdaytime movements.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.