Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin Rut

Old 11-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Wisconsin Rut

I have all day sits setup for Friday and Sunday.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Marquette county the bucks seem to be seeking after dark. Driving back and forth to work I have almost hit five or six shooter bucks from midnight to 1:00 am. Sitting I have seen small bucks chasing fawns and big bucks checking scraps late morning. This Thursday and Friday the cold front should get them moving. But im thinking the real activity will happen around gun season.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been out for over a week, but I can't see how they wouldn't want to move much right now with record high temps. A week ago Tuesday when the weather was still cool Ihad two spikes chase a small doe by my stand and then I hit the bleat can and I had a six pt. walk by. I talked to a friend that's been hunting a little and he hasn't seen much. I think things will heat up in Chippewa co. where I hunt if the weather cools off and the snow flies. I can't wait till Saturday.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:34 AM

Things should start bustin' loose this weekend with the cool weather coming in. I watched a small 8 chase adoe from one end of a ridge to the other last night, for about 15 minutes. Now it's timefor the big boys to show themselves...
Old 11-05-2008, 12:26 PM

I hope that this cold front moves in because this weekend is my last for hunting until Gun Deer season. Last weekend I sat from 5:30 until 6:00 straight and saw nothing but a darn Red Squirrel that really pissed me off!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Waupaca County,a guy I hunt with saw a huge eight chasing a doe on halloween, on sunday (Nov.2nd) I saw two 1.5's roaming. I also read in D&DH that the rut will not peak this year until th 17th. I plan on sitting all day this Saturday, hope the seeking is going on by then!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Spike

I live in rusk county and i Was out last weekend and today and seen NOTTA... hope it picks up soon :/
Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM

More crusing this morning by young ones. The good news is the big ones are getting on my trail cam earlier and earlier. Got a couple of bigger ones at 5:30 pminstead of the usual 8 pm. Bad news is the big 9 pointer is now a big 3 pointer, lost his whole right side and both his brow tines. Wonder what the other buck looks like.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Spike

Well guys ive hunted the last 7 days in marquette county and Last wednesday i seen 10 diff bucks that i rattled in,4 shooters but no shot. The rest of my vacation consisted of all lil guys and a couple does. No chasing but rattling was working for me untill the weather change.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Pretty much the same here in Monroe Cty. I've got a feeling one had better be on stand as much as possable next week. The weather is going to be perfect and I've got a feeling the big boys testostorone bank is going to bust!

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.