Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My wobble Bow

Old 10-31-2008, 07:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default My wobble Bow

Well I did a little test last night with my bow. As I coon walked by(slowly) I pulled back and put my pin in it. I tried to stay on a spot as the racoon walked by. All I can say is my Cardiac wobbles a lot at the top when I try to float the pin on a spot while moving.

I have never notice it before, is it because I am getting old, LOL or are shorter bows just harder to hold on a moving target? This is my first bow under 37''.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My wobble Bow

Wimp.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Coon fever?

Is that "slow coon walk" a new dance oranAustralian rock band I have yet to hear of.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Wimp.
Guys I am trying to find out what I did wrong the other night, if you read my team thread I gut shot a doe on Sunday. In 24 years of hunting I have never gut shot a deer. Missing by that much at 15 yds is nuts, I did something, just trying to figure out what I did. I do not want to EVER do that again, I felt like a door knob.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Cardiac as well and believe me it wasn't the bow's fault. It happens to us all you just blew it. I never wounded a deer for 6 straight years then wounded two in a row, I know how you feel. Maybe you got cocky and peaked or torked your bow hand a little.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: tschammel

I have the Cardiac as well and believe me it wasn't the bow's fault. It happens to us all you just blew it. I never wounded a deer for 6 straight years then wounded two in a row, I know how you feel. Maybe you got cocky and peaked or torked your bow hand a little.
I know it's not the bow's fault

I am trying to figure out what I did wrong, I did something. To me I have notice the bow is a bit wobble when I am moving. Hell week before a nailed a yote[&:]

Just asking if anyone has notice shorter bows being a bit more wobble, if so I need to work on it. I love the bow also.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Wimp.
Guys I am trying to find out what I did wrong the other night, if you read my team thread I gut shot a doe on Sunday. In 24 years of hunting I have never gut shot a deer. Missing by that much at 15 yds is nuts, I did something, just trying to figure out what I did. I do not want to EVER do that again, I felt like a door knob.

Sorry Germ.

Are you gripping to hard In the heat of the moment?
Old 10-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you say wobbly....as in you are having trouble holding the pin steady, or the bow feels like it is moving around in your hand?

Shane
Old 10-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Germ, I had the same type of thing happen when I shot a shorter axle-to-axle bow last year. I went to an archery shop and shot a longer bow and it went away. I think that some people just cant hold the shorter bows as still as the longer bows. I sold my mathews and bought the diamond marquis, which has a longer riser and I shoot that one better. Hope this helps.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Germ

Wimp.

Sorry Germ.

Are you gripping to hard In the heat of the moment?
As a Repaly the moment in my head, no.

This is what I recall

She was standing broadside at 12 yds. I had the pin in the boil room, she started to move. When she moved, I moved with her(tried to) and shot. I recall feeling the top of my bow cant to the right. When I did the test last night, when I coon was not moving I am good. As soon as I start to move, my bow starts to wobble.

I did take my wrist sling off, but I did not use one last year either.

I have shot two deer walking without issue, I guess it's time to stop.

Quick Reply: My wobble Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.