HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Halloween hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/270903-halloween-hunting.html)

CCPaHunter 10-30-2008 08:11 PM

Halloween hunting

I CAN'T WAIT until tomorrow. I killed my first two archery bucks on Halloween, 2000 and 2001. I missed the very first doethat I ever shot at on Halloween. Last year on HalloweenI saw the biggest buck of my life [up to that point] froma tree stand only a few hundred yards from house on a new farm. I think I'mgoing to goto a special tree I've been saving in a major travel corridor where I see so many nice bucks every year. I cleared a jungle of thorn bushes and vines from the only climbable treeand it's in a perfect spot. I've neverfeltthis positive about a particular stand before. I was going to save it foranother week or so but I just have to get in it tomorrow and the wind is going perfect. I know a lot of you guys also like this day and so, good luck to all. Ken

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-30-2008 08:17 PM

RE: Halloween hunting

I took a buck on Halloween morning as well back in the late 90's. He came in with another buck and when I first saw them they locked antlers. I called and they split and I saw an 8 work a rub, a second grunt and he was on his way. He actually came right to the base of my tree. I looked him over and thought yeah, I'll take him. Then the second buck was coming and I was praying he was bigger but it was a small 6 he locked up with. As they walked away, I drilled the 8. I call him my Halloween buck. I'd like to take one tomorrow as well. Here's my Halloween buck.

CCPaHunter 10-30-2008 09:07 PM

Very nice Rob and good luck tomorrow. My wife just informed that we have a get together with some friendswhile all of ourkids are out for tricks or treatstomorrow at 5:30pm.I think the look I gave hermade realize her mistake. I told her I won't even be out of my tree stand until after 6:30 unless I get lucky earlier in the day and even then I might dragging. I guess I'll show up late in my bow hunting costume, face paint and all.:D

wis_bow_huntr 10-31-2008 05:20 AM

Records show but I cant seem to find them any more, but there are more bucks taken on Halloween Nite Nationaly than there are any other time of the year.....lets see some tomorrow morning!!!

hardcorehunter 10-31-2008 05:34 AM

I killed several bucks and my best to date on halloween. Halloween through the 1st week in nov is the best time to be in a stand in the midwest. I will take pre rut ANYDAY over peakrut for hunting. I will be on vacation in MN starting this pm in a stand and I am hunting hard for a week

GMMAT 10-31-2008 06:53 AM

RobI think of you every time someone mentions a Halloween buck. I thought you'd taken one on that day.

It sure would be a cool conversation topic;)

Austin/WI 10-31-2008 06:58 AM

Unless my financial management professor literally calls off my exam alltogether within the next couple hours, I won't be able to hit a tree stand today. I will be out all day tomorrow though. Good luck to everybody!

crenshaw 10-31-2008 06:58 AM

Every year either me or my buddies have had success on Halloween day. Two years ago I shot a monster 7pointer, the year before that my friend shot a 8 point with 23inch spread, Last year my another buddy of mine shot a 152 inch 10point. The day has always been good!!

HuntingBry 10-31-2008 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Records show but I cant seem to find them any more, but there are more bucks taken on Halloween Nite Nationaly than there are any other time of the year.....lets see some tomorrow morning!!!
I think I read that too somewhere. I'd love to be out today, but work and taking the little guy Trick or Treating will prevent that.:(

BigDaddy12t 10-31-2008 09:27 AM

I will be in my strand tonight. This will be my first year that I have ever hunted on Halloween.

Deleted User 10-31-2008 09:37 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

chrowski 10-31-2008 09:38 AM

I have to answer the door : ( .....damn

njbuck22 10-31-2008 09:39 AM

Well i cant wait to get out there, which should be around 3 this afternoon. im gunna try to sneak in close to a bedding area and see what happens. I sure would like to join the halloween buck club!

mikeshunk 10-31-2008 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: chrowski

I have to answer the door : ( .....damn
Yeah, I will be on the other side, with two kids walking around town.[:o] Oh well, I will be out Saturday morning while the kids are all hopped up on sugar driving my wife nuts!!:D