HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Deer under the stand after legal shooting... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/270892-deer-under-stand-after-legal-shooting.html)

Copper31 10-30-2008 07:29 PM

Deer under the stand after legal shooting...

What do you guys do when there are deer hanging about? Just looking for ideas. I have been barking like a dog or whistling.

Oneshot7 10-30-2008 07:30 PM

RE: Deer under the stand after legal shooting...

I have tried it all, I threw my quiver at them tonight :D, got real close to hittin one. THen I had one hang around that wouldnt leave. I took care of him by actually climbing down my tree. None of them blew, and that is always a good thing;):D

Bbearfax 10-30-2008 07:34 PM

I just pack my junk and climb down.

GMMAT 10-30-2008 07:34 PM

I was pinned down tonight for almost 1.5hrs. 7 of them cleared....but one kept bedding, feeding, bedding, feeding, and so on.

I finally climbed down, too. I kept telling myself as she hung around...."If I can get my knife out and you're still there....I'm gonna gut you standing you bitch".[:@]:D

virginiashadow 10-30-2008 07:37 PM

Put on a Jason Vorhees mask (friday the 13th) and start chanting ---hhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaakiiiiiillllll lllkkkkkkkiiiiiiilllllllll!

Mottz 10-30-2008 08:38 PM

Try a coyote call. That made them take off for me before.

Scott/IL 10-30-2008 08:42 PM

Blow

I take the wheeze call and blow like a startled deer. The deer don't know what is going on but they know that a deer somewhere is alarmed.

I did wait for nearly 2 hours on opening day to make sure 2 big 10 points were gone.

IAhuntr 10-30-2008 08:42 PM

Use a grunt tube or snort-wheeze call and blow through it as hard as you can 4 or five times in a row. It will sound like a deer blowing and they'll all clear out without making you out as a predator.

ScottF2345 10-30-2008 08:50 PM

I took a branch out of the tree once and threw it at them. One doe still didn't leave. I shined the flashlight at her and she just stood there and looked at me. I just packed my stuff up and went in.

mauser06 10-30-2008 09:01 PM

only happened to me 1 time....and it was in my honey hole and a buck i might not pass a 2nd time....i waited....they were beelining for the corn field so it was only a half hour or so....