Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Doe #2 down-You know she's small when your buddy says "She sure will be good eating" >

Doe #2 down-You know she's small when your buddy says "She sure will be good eating"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe #2 down-You know she's small when your buddy says "She sure will be good eating"

Old 10-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default Doe #2 down-You know she's small when your buddy says "She sure will be good eating"

I went out Tuesday evening with the idea of shooting the first doe that presented a shot as I have made a commitment to my friend to try and kill at least 10 doe off his property this year. He was actually allocated over 45 extra tags which really surprised me. I think I'll stick with the 10 right now.

Well, the first doe that came in and presented a 21 yard shot had a fawn that was as brown and spotted as one you would see in July. I didn't see it untilI was already drawn back but i had to let back down.

Not being judgemental to anyone else, we all have to set our standards, but if the fawn has spots, the monma walks.

Then the little guy in the picture below comes by and about 5 minutes later a large group of doe come by and I draw back on the first one that presented a shot.

I have to weigh and age all the deer for the State Wildlife Dept as part of the depradation program (its actually fun and it forces you to do it).

This little gal is a definite 1 1/2 yo gross weighed 121# and field dress 86#. Yep, she will be good eating.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Doe #2 down-You know she's small when your buddy says "She sure will be good eating"

WTG Jack.......Congrats on the doe Brother!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Doe #2 down-You know she's small when your buddy says "She sure will be good eating"

121lb on the hoof is a big doe here
Old 10-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

She looks great to me...congrats on a fine-looking doe!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice
Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a big doe in east Tx.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:15 AM

Straps and bacon, mmmm mmmm good.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 AM

IMHO the best doe to kill is the one with a button buck (no spots) as she will run him off before he is old enough to breed. However, when you need to dramatically reduce doe numbers, then any doe without a spotted fawn is fair game, no matter the size. Maiden doe will breed, it is amazing how young a doe can be and still produce offspring. Sounds like you should have a full freezer at season's end. WTG
Old 10-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cant say she WONT be good eating.

Quick Reply: Doe #2 down-You know she's small when your buddy says "She sure will be good eating"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.