Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just something I've "surmised" on..... >

Just something I've "surmised" on.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just something I've "surmised" on.....

Old 10-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Just something I've "surmised" on.....

Gum-o-flage gets a bad rap in most hardcore deer hunting circles.....but I;ll surmise the no. 1 thing people who are SERIOUS about scent control overlook is their breath. I'm betting that gets us busted more than anything else. I bought a few packs of the gum....and I have to say it's pretty good stuff. usually....after a long sit...I can smell my breath in my facemask. Now....I still can....but it doesn't smell like it used to. It's actually a pleasant smell. It smells just like the DDW breath spray (which I also use).

"Gmmick"....or a smart, innovative product?
Old 10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just something I've "surmised" on.....

Breath through your nose and save your money. I'm betting that our breath isn't getting us busted more than anything else!!
A sucker born every minute!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Way Up north here we use .................................................. ......Toothpaste.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Dominant Buck

I brush my teeth in arm and hammer before I go out, too. And I'd like to think I have a healthy oral hygiene....lol. But I'm STILL betting it gets us busted more than anything else. Think about it. Your clothes are washed in scent free detergent......your hair is covered.....your face is covered......your hands are covered. You're wearing rubber boots.

I wear an UA facemask......a scent-blocker facemask (for warmth, mostly) over that.....a stocking cap or hat......and I do breathe through my nose.

I still use the DDW mouth spray....and I chew the gum.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.....but I come across a lot of guys in everyday life who's breath stinks to high heaven. I'm sure they brushed recently, too.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff ,it was a joke,see the little.

If you recall,and I'm sure you do,when we had the big scent blocker battles I mentioned the fact that all the scent blocker in the world would do not a dimes worth of good if you were still breathing. Remember that post..
Old 10-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whether or not one believes that it helps them go undected, is up to the individual, but there is NO denying that the gum gets rid of bad breathe. Chew on that stuff and your mouth feels clean and fresh. Chew on other gum and you just have a minty cover up.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think breathing through your nose is a bypass for covering up your breath....

And save your money? What, 3 dollars? lol

I use DDW mouth spray and gumoflage. Hell they both taste kinda good.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just chew on a cow turd before I go out as a cover scent. It seems to work pretty well.

I wouldn't wear a camouflage that made me invisible either thoughDeer hunting is difficult and that is what I like about it. I got winded the other day at 20 yardsby a really good buck that I was hoping to shoot. He won. I lost. That is something I enjoy and an experience I will remember just like the many other experiences like it that I have amasses over the years. I don't mind loosing to a deer's senses. In fact, I don't use scent "eliminating" products for thatreason. If they beatme with what Godgave them and I lose withwhat Godgave me, then I am perfectly alright with that.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use DDW spray and toothpaste

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.