Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of: >

Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of:

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of:

Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Spike

Default RE: Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of:

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: tmontgo1

Squirrels and CHIPMUNKS[:@],my feeder if responible for the wellbeing of an entire herd of chipmunks!!!!!
Chipmunks are worse than squirrels. [&:]
With all the chipmunks I have been seeing in my stand I got to thinking they must be good for something...
Maybe deepfry the little suckers and toss them in some Buffalo Wing Sauce and serve with celery and blue cheese...

Somebody try this and let me know how they are...I just can't bring myself to trying them![:'(]
Old 10-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Squirrels and CHIPMUNKS[:@],my feeder if responible for the wellbeing of an entire herd of chipmunks!!!!!
Chipmunks are worse than squirrels. [&:]
It's amazing something that stinking little can sound so much like a deer.[:@]
Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Actualy the animals that have had my heart pounding a number of times are opossoms and raccoons. These two sound just like a 400lb deer walking through the leaves.[:@] Squirrels are bad because they stick around you for a while. Just when you think the stupid things are gone you hear something coming your way and it is another darn squirrel. The opposite of squirrels are coyotes. They are so quite when they take a stroll through the woods. It has happened to me a couple of times where they just appear out of no where.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:24 AM

Squirrels can cue you in to where the acorns are falling.
They also will drop stuff on you from above, I had one drop a pine cone on my head last year. They have short memories, 5 minutes after you spook one, it forgets and sees you again, and starts fussing all over again, 5 minutes later same thing. Annoying little b$%#erds.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's always amazed me at how and 2 lb squirrel can sound like a horse coming through dry leaves but a 150 lb whitetail can just appear out of nowhere! I think they're in cahoots(sp?)!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:29 AM

I saw one fall to its death from about 40ft when the branch he jumped to broke and landed on him.....and just when you think they cant get any more annoying.....they do that little please help me squeeky bark. I was so pissed by that point....I admit, I laughed inside.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

I had one in my tree....only tree in this cutover. I climbed up and settled in anyway. Well about dark he decided to come down. Im 20ft up and he gets to within 8in of my right shoulder, and I turn around to look at it. That sucker jumped like he had nothing else to live for.....now ive seen squirrels jump from 20-40ft to the ground and run off more times than I care to remember, and be just as fine and a frogs hair.....but this little fellow hit with a thump and kicked twice and was stone cold dead...............yes I laughed. Beat all I ever seen. Never seen one jump or fall and actually DIE.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

shot 7 last year... missed 2, got 1 so far this year bowhunting... I hate them!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:48 AM

I"LL TAKE THE SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are reconsidering not allowing squirrel hunting in the woods. Theyare out in full force this year.

I still prefer them to exist b/c they: (1)provide some entertainment, (2) they keep me alert (b/c I sometimes think they are deer), and (3) they are good at barking approaching deer.

Quick Reply: Squirrels -- Things I'm convinced of:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.