Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 well that shot a week of hunting. >

well that shot a week of hunting.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

well that shot a week of hunting.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default well that shot a week of hunting.

About 5 days ago I got into my truck to go to mcdonalds. IT was dead. I charged the battery and it started.
a dayago it did it again. I jumped it today since it was out front to far from a outlet to charge. It started up. I figure my battery is shot. I went out to napa to have them check it. Not the battery the starter. So now i am down tillsunday when i get paid. Figure bymonday i will have it fixed. Which means no hunting till tuesday. ERR i had planned to go today but did not want to get stuck out in the middle of no where.
HECK i traded my 85 in so i did not need to worry about this crap. Guest i just need to buy a new truck. Could be worst it could have been a rod through the block.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: well that shot a week of hunting.

Tim .... you are the most miserable hunter I know!!! LOL .....Cheer up bud!!!! It's HUNTING SEASON!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM

McDonalds? What's this?[8D]

Sorry about your luck man! Maybe all this bad luck will bring you some good luck in the stand.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 PM

Nosir. You need a bfh. Take a hammer with ya. When it won't start, give the starter a good whack. It will start right up.
I used to be a GM technician and this trick saved me from pushing lots o cars into the shop
Old 10-30-2008, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

All you need is a hammer, that shoudl get the celinoid spining again. Sounds like its sticking. GM starters are easy to fix with a hammer.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 442deer

Nosir. You need a bfh. Take a hammer with ya. When it won't start, give the starter a good whack. It will start right up.
I used to be a GM technician and this trick saved me from pushing lots o cars into the shop
Amen, I thought this was BS when I was younger, sure enough when my starter went out in college, i tried it and it worked like a charm. Have done it to friends suv's as well. Nothing like a dead car to ruin a hunt! Good Luck!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

All you need is a hammer, that shoudl get the celinoid spining again. Sounds like its sticking. GM starters are easy to fix with a hammer.
Ditto.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

I use to work for a tractor company and was the shop gopher. Whenever things would get busy they let me be a mechanic. Around the shop we had a saying if aint running get a bigger hammer.P.S. Tim changing a starter should take 30 minutes top on most domestic trucks.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

What happened to the diet...? Mcdonalds...??[:'(]Thats a big no-no.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

What happened to the diet...? Mcdonalds...??[:'(]Thats a big no-no.
You said exactly what I was thinking! Think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and think he was going for someone else?

Quick Reply: well that shot a week of hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.