Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thanks schultzy

Old 10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Spike

Default RE: Stuck a GIANT in Kansas....letting him lay overnight.....Story within

im going to say i shot him at 650. I feel the shot was descent. I shoot alot and know how my bow shoots, now i know in the woods can be different. I keep playing it over and over and i feel that im centered in the front half of the chect (if that makes sence) center of rib cage forward. I have a buddy enroute, but were going to wait til A.M....ive shot the rage in the past, and im like one of you said, good shot, means good blood....Im nervous now, try to keep my head up.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stuck a GIANT in Kansas....letting him lay overnight.....Story within

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

If you have buddies and lanterns I would get out there after 4 hours if you are in anyway confident about the shot placement and get looking...
That's what I was getting at by asking exactly what time he shot it. 4-6 hours and get that buck before the yotes do!
Another bid for this one. If I you were one of my buddies, I'd be planning a semi-sleepless night looking for a deer.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

hang in there man you did rite by letting him lay it takes alot of self control to do that. I am in the same boat except I couldnt see where my arrow hit. I am letting him go tonight also. Im sure we will both get alot of sleep tonight.lol You know what happened so dont let your mind start playing with you. Good luck in the morning.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Spike

At this point you really can't be sure you even hit him, can you? I think I wouldstart around the area of the shot for proof of a hit and go from there. Hope everything turns out...good luck.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Spike

I can almost promise i hit him. the other 3 bucks stood there after the shot (quiet pse bows)LOL, and ive shot many whitetails, and haveheard that sound of i just shot a watermelon....but id rather miss than make a bad shot, im the A.M im hoping to find either a clean arrow or a sloberknocker....thanks for all the replies, and constructive critism. you guys are truely awesome....wish me luck.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck KS--I wish you the best of luck.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Spike

What's your weather forecast?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The watermelon sound is indicative of a hit that is a bit far back. I would wait till morning and go back. You will be more effective when not sleep deprived and with sunlight to see blood. Extra time is never bad - even if the yotes eat a ham or two.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

If you much at all you know as soon as you release if you hit or not. And that sound is unmistakeable. You will find him
Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

As long as coyotes aren't a problem, it sounds like you are making the right decision.
Who cares about the coyotes!! Were talking about a 170" class buck here that might be hit In the guts. Let him lay and go back In the morning. That's a no doubter In my mind!

Good luck!

Quick Reply: thanks schultzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.