HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   This is it. It all comes down to this..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/270713-all-comes-down.html)

mobow 10-29-2008 07:17 PM

This is it. It all comes down to this.....

Ok ya'll......it's time to put on our game faces. It's starting to pick up here......I'm seeing bucks in the middle of the day, and the deer/vehicle collisions have really increased the last couple of days. This is it fellas! This is the time of the year we all wait for! We dream about it. We pray about it. We bust our asse s all year preparing for it. We save vacation days, just to use them all right now. We shoot hundreds, if not thousands, of arrows. Tweak our gear, scour over maps.....Stock up on the essentials....Wash our gear, practice sound scent control. We spend our hard earned money. Spend time with the family in the off season, only to make us not being home right now bearable. We bust our tails doing house work, yard work....

And gentlemen, (and ladies)it's ALL in preparation for the next 2-3 weeks. Every ounce of sweat, blood.....and maybe even some tears. It all comes down to this. THIS is OUR time! THIS is when dreams come true! THIS....................is the whitetail rut.

Schultzy 10-29-2008 07:18 PM

RE: This is it. It all comes down to this.....

I got the point Mobow.;)

Finch 10-29-2008 07:21 PM

Very well put sir!

This is the time of year where I stay tired, lose weight, and smell like "nothing" all the time.:D

Carpmaster 10-29-2008 07:22 PM

And I am running low on vacation :(....

jmbuckhunter 10-29-2008 07:22 PM

I had the tears part tonight. I drew on my big 10 point for the third time this season. But there was too much brush between us on the 25 yard shot. It wasn't too dark tonight, he came thru chasin 4 does and grunting up a storm.

Your rightDon it's about to bust wide open.Might be time to take a few days off!!

NCRemington700 10-29-2008 07:22 PM

Bring it on!!

Washington Hunter 10-29-2008 07:23 PM

Now lets all have a good cry and a group hug and get back out there! [&:]

Kidding.

Still waiting for my November 20th opener. If it wasn't for duck and goose season keeping me occupied, I'd be going stir by now. [>:]

GMMAT 10-29-2008 07:25 PM

Still a few days off, here. Seen some minor chasing.....but nothing to make me think there's a real reason for it.....and no buck movement other than early and late.

Still a few days or more off, here.

The Deer Destroyer 10-29-2008 07:26 PM

I can't wait forSWEET November, and we onlygot a couple days left. :):D;)[8D]

PreacherTony 10-29-2008 07:26 PM

Yeah Don, The below freezing temps really got them moving here .... last week of October and the first 2 weeks of November ....it doesn't get any better than this!!!:)